Hospice for Husband

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by teacherintexas, Feb 29, 2008.

1. kcjo13

kcjo13 Phenom

Mar 2, 2008

I'm so sorry-here is a prayer for you and your family.

2. teacherintexas

teacherintexas Maven

Mar 3, 2008

It will be soon, I think. Please keep praying for an anxiety free and pain free passing. That would be the greatest gift my husband, our families and I could receive at this moment.

3. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Mar 3, 2008

teacherintexas, I'll be praying for a peaceful passing. I know this is a difficult time for you. You and your family continue to be in my prayers.

4. Beezus

Beezus Cohort

Mar 3, 2008

Praying for peace for your husband, you, and your family. Blessings to you all.

5. kburen

kburen Cohort

Mar 3, 2008

You're all in my prayers. I hope everything goes a peaceful as possible. Many hugs sent your way!

6. ecteacher

ecteacher Rookie

Mar 3, 2008

Praying for you, your husband, and family for a peaceful time...

7. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Mar 3, 2008

Prayers for all of you that everything will be peaceful!!!

8. mrachelle87

mrachelle87 Fanatic

Mar 3, 2008

I will pray that God's will be done. Plus I will ask for God to give you extra strength.

9. becky

becky Enthusiast

Mar 3, 2008

I'm so very sorry..

10. Missy

Missy Aficionado

Mar 3, 2008

I am praying for a peaceful, easy passing.

11. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Mar 3, 2008

I am praying for peace and strength for you both as you face this. You continue to be in all of our thoughts--God bless.

12. cosmoteach

cosmoteach Rookie

Mar 3, 2008

My prayers are with you...you are in my thoughts

13. Master Pre-K

Master Pre-K Virtuoso

Mar 3, 2008

My prayers are with you too.

You are not alone....

"I am with you always, until the end of the world" (Mt. 28:20)

14. silver rain

silver rain Comrade

Mar 3, 2008

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

15. teachingmomof4

teachingmomof4 Groupie

Mar 4, 2008

I am so sorry to hear about this. I will keep you and your family in my prayers and thoughts.

16. teacherintexas

teacherintexas Maven

Mar 4, 2008

I was with him when he passed away yesterday, and was holding his hand. He had so many people praying for him from friends, family, and those he never met to have a peaceful passage to Heaven, and those prayers were answered.

I'm very thankful that I have faith that he and our son are in Heaven and that I will see them both again. Hopefully, that thought will help on the days my grief is unbearable.

There is so much more I could write about my relief that his passing was gentle, my grief that my wonderful husband is gone, my thankfulness that my off-line friends and family and everyone here online at this site have been so supportive and giving of their time to pray and leave comments of support, but I'm rather exhausted from the past two days so I will have to leave that for another time.

But before I log off, I would like to say thank you again for all of the support. I have never met any of you and may never do so face to face, but it has helped so much to have words of encouragement waiting every time I could get to the computer.

:hugs:

17. ChristyF

ChristyF Moderator

Mar 4, 2008

I'm so glad that it was peaceful and that you were able to be there with him. You will continue to be in my prayers. I am so sorry that you have lost such a wonderful husband, but I am happy that you had him, even for a little while. Many hugs, prayers, and tears are here for you. Let us know how you are doing and if there is anything that we can do. :hugs:

18. GlendaLL

GlendaLL Aficionado

Mar 4, 2008

teacherintexas - God bless you in your time of grief. May your memories of your beloved husband be a comfort to you.

19. RainStorm

RainStorm Phenom

Mar 4, 2008

I'm so sorry for your loss. You will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.

20. MissFrizzle

MissFrizzle Virtuoso

Mar 4, 2008

My condolences. You are a stong lady. God Bless you.

21. BioAngel

BioAngel Science Teacher - Grades 3-6

Mar 4, 2008

I'm sorry to hear about your husband death--- it brings tears to my eyes even though I never met either of you. I pray God would surround you with strength and comfort--- that you know that your husband and son and THE Son is watching over you and loving you from above.

God bless you Hun *hugs*

22. wldywall

wldywall Connoisseur

Mar 4, 2008

I was hoping I would log on one day and you would tell me that he was better, yet I knew that wasn't likely to happen. I hoped with you every day. My God be with you at this time, know that he is in the arms of God, and you are not gong to be seperated forever.

My prayers are with you.

23. eduk8r

eduk8r Enthusiast

Mar 4, 2008

I'm so sorry. (((( hugs )))) We won't stop praying for you and your family.

24. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Mar 5, 2008

Many prayers for you & your family in the days ahead. I'm sure the next few will be very difficult as well. This is the first place I look in the morning to see how he/you are doing. I know he is now in a better place & painfree. For those left behind it's hard. Just know we are here when you need us!!!

Many prayers & hugs being sent your way!!!

25. mrachelle87

mrachelle87 Fanatic

Mar 5, 2008

Prayers from Oklahoma

Thank you for demonstrating such strength and faith. You are a blessing. I will pray for healing of your heart that will surely miss him. :hugs:

26. TeacherSandra

TeacherSandra Enthusiast

Mar 5, 2008

TeacherInTexas,
    May the Lord continue to give you His peace. What a blessing it is to trust in the Lord and know that one day we will see our loved ones again. You are in my prayers. Thank you for sharing.
    God bless you,
    Sandra :love:

27. teachingmomof4

teachingmomof4 Groupie

Mar 5, 2008

I am sorry for your loss. I am thankful that your husband's struggle is over and he is no longer in any pain or suffering. I am sure that this is a difficult time for you and your family but a relief as well. I will keep you in my thoughts and just know...you can talk to us any time. We are here if you need someone to listen. God bless you always.

28. bakingdiva

bakingdiva Companion

Mar 5, 2008

I am so sorry for your loss. I am praying that God grants you peace. You have been so strong.

29. ~mrs.m~

~mrs.m~ Comrade

Mar 5, 2008

I, too, will continue to keep you in my prayers. I am so very sorry for your loss.

30. kinderkids

kinderkids Virtuoso

Mar 5, 2008

I'm so sorry. My condolences to you and your entire family. I hope you can find peace and hope in the midst of grief.
    1 Thessalonians 4:13-18

31. smalltowngal

Mar 5, 2008

teacherintexas, I am so sorry to hear about his passing. I'm glad that he was surrounded by loved ones and is now in a better place with no pain. May God continue to be with you in the following days. You and your family will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.

32. Master Pre-K

Master Pre-K Virtuoso

Mar 5, 2008

Dear teacherintexas,

Your posts are so touching, and you demonstrate amazing strength and courage. In the days to come, know that He is with you, and continue to ask Him for strength and guidance.

When you need to talk...we are here...Sometimes, you just need to keep talking to someone. Keep sending us your threads...

33. deedee

deedee Connoisseur

Mar 5, 2008

I am so sorry for your loss. May God keep you and your family close to his heart at this very difficult time.

"And He will raise you up on eagle's wings,
    Bear you on the breath of dawn,
    Make you to shine like the sun,
    And hold you in the palm of His Hand."

34. Missy

Missy Aficionado

Mar 5, 2008

I am so very sorry. You and your family will remain in my thoughts and prayers.

35. teacherintexas

teacherintexas Maven

Mar 6, 2008

The funeral was today. The service was wonderful, and I know my husband would have approved. He had a packed church to come say farewell.

He was such a hunter and fisherman and loved the outdoors so I bought him a new camouflage shirt and jeans to be buried in. Many of you are probably aghast at reading that but I had thought about getting him a nice dress shirt or a suit, but I found a nice almost dress camouflage shirt and I knew at once that would be the one. We had many pictures displayed at the funeral home and in many of them, my husband was wearing one of his many camo shirts while fishing or working outside. He was not a suit and tie person, but he certainly was an outdoorsman so the camo was a perfect fit.

I'm better than I thought I would be at this point, but I think I'm still going on adrenaline and will have many bad days in the weeks and months ahead. Right now, my parents are staying with me so I'm not alone. The first night alone in our house will be difficult so they are postponing that for me for a little while.

Thank you for your posts and the prayers. I'm glad I never took my husband for granted, and always got a kiss goodnight and an "I love you", even on the last night he was alive. Even though I got mad at him and he got mad at me at times like almost all married couples, we had a good marriage and though it lacked in length, it certainly didn't lack love.

36. eduk8r

eduk8r Enthusiast

Mar 6, 2008

We're still praying for you, and we won't forget. When this time has passed and you do start to feel the loss acutely, remember the joy and the triumph of the Resurrection and that your husband is with your other loved ones in heaven praying for you too.

37. Mrs LC

Mrs LC Comrade

Mar 7, 2008

That's a beautiful post. May you find solace in your memories and your family in the days ahead.:hugs:

38. GlendaLL

GlendaLL Aficionado

Mar 7, 2008

I think that the camouflage shirt and jeans sound just perfect! I'll bet your husband was smiling up in heaven. :angel:

God bless - and take care of yourself! :hugs:

39. smalltowngal

Mar 7, 2008

teacherintexas, the camo is perfect. It's what your hubby was most comfortable in. You have been such a strong person throughout this ordeal and it has resonated here on this board. Your husband was lucky to have you in his life. You and your family continue to be in my thoughts and prayers. I'll mirror what eduk8r said in that with your faith, you know you will see him again and he will be waiting for you in heaven.

40. teacherintexas

teacherintexas Maven

Mar 7, 2008

Master Pre-K sent me a pm saying she thought many of you might want an address to send cards or a charity/cause that we have supported. I don't want to post such personal information, but if you want that info, you may pm me.

I used to be a two or three times a day "a to z-er", but recently I have only been logging on once a day so it may take a day for me to respond.