hoping for some last-minute miracle

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by acl1974, Aug 28, 2012.

1. acl1974

acl1974 Companion

Aug 28, 2012

I have been obsessing over one particular job, although I have applied to many districts. It has been a week since the posting closed so it's probably not good news. Yet, I just would like some true closure. I emailed the principal to ask if the position had been filled and to give some more information about what I can bring the school. I did that yesterday and he didn't respond so I suppose that's my answer. He could have just sent an email that said "filled" and I would have at least felt like my efforts didn't go into a black void never to be heard from again. I felt like I didn't have anything to lose at this point so I gave it a shot with the email. I am still looking and applying at other places as well. I am kinda worn out from this whole summer and the idea of having to do it again next summer is frightening. Even though I work full time in a different field and can't afford to quit to sub, I am going to try to sub a little. It won't be much, but it's something for my resume I suppose. I have a flexible schedule at work so maybe I can do half days or one day a week or something. I might send out some emails to principals volunteering for after school tutoring or something. I am at a loss as to what to do at this point. I wish I could afford to sub full time or to do an LTS position or a parapro. At this point, maybe I should just start my own school. I'd be a shoe in for a job then. Haha.
    To all of those who found jobs, good luck and congrats!!!!

3. acl1974

acl1974 Companion

Aug 28, 2012

I emailed one nearby principal already. I said that I applied for an English teacher position, but with school so soon, I am betting they already filled their spots. I said that I would like to offer volunteer after-school tutoring one or two days a week at the school. He wrote back immediately and asked me to come by tomorrow to talk about that. I am going to treat this like an interview even if it's really not. I just want to impress anyone I can at anytime. Next year will be here before I know it and I'm starting networking right now.

4. AlwaysAttend

AlwaysAttend Fanatic

Aug 28, 2012

What subject do you hope to teach? Maybe volunteering to teach English as a Second Language would satisfy you resume desire. I see people doing it at my local library all the time.

5. acl1974

acl1974 Companion

Aug 29, 2012

So, I went in today at the time the principal said to come and was told he was busy in interviews. I feel like he could have shot me an email to say he couldn't make it since he told me to come out to discuss tutoring. His office staff was so sweet though. I know it's a busy time of year, but I didn't set the time. What hurts the most is that he's doing "interviews?" Ouch! Hopefully, they're for other subjects so that I don't feel so bad. Hehe.

6. AlwaysAttend

AlwaysAttend Fanatic

Aug 29, 2012

Wow, that would have irritated me.