Honored

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out Archives' started by Upsadaisy, May 28, 2003.

1. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

May 28, 2003

I just want to share a very special honor which I received today. We had our awards ceremony, followed by the distribution of the yearbooks - hot off the presses. Each year the 8th grade students work on the yearbook with the advisor. And each year they dedicate the yearbook to a different teacher or staff person. That person gets the first two pages in the book for a spread and kind words from the graduating 8th graders. Well, was I blown over when the kids each recited part of a poem about this year's recipient, and it turned out to be me!!! They had kept it secret for months. I was touched and honored and crying my eyes out. That's my happy end-of-year story.

3. Lanie

Lanie Cohort

May 28, 2003

Congratulations to you! What a great way to end the year. It means so much to know that you make a difference and it's noticed, especially by the kids. I can't think of a more special way for your year to end. You must be on top of the world!!!

4. AngelaS

AngelaS Cohort

May 28, 2003

CONGRATULATIONS!!!:D

5. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

May 29, 2003

Thank you both. Yes, I do feel on top of the world. Tonight the 8th graders graduate in an elegant ceremony. Each gives a speech, and if anyone says anything nice about me in theirs I will be sitting in a puddle of tears. And I only teach them one period a day. The rest of my day is with my 5th graders. Who have been very appreciative as well. Life is good.

6. Tara19

Tara19 Companion

May 29, 2003

My class and some parents had set up a end-of-the-yera dinner and it was so neat! It was a aurprise and they had kept it a secret and they must be very hard to do since their all 3-5! After the dinner, they gave me some gifts and sang "I will Remember You", It was so.. sweet, it mad me cry and cry... Then, they all took turns holding Samantha who's 3 weeks old and we all had a great time to end the year. Just thoguth I would share my story and CONGRATS!

7. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

May 30, 2003

It must feel GREAT to be rewarded like that by your students. I always joke with my husband...When I'm a teacher I'm going to win the Disney Teacher Award (that's one of my goals). CONGRATS!!!!

8. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

May 30, 2003

Thank you, guys! Hope you get it Diznee.