Homework chart

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Teaching Grace, Jul 3, 2009.

1. Teaching Grace

Teaching Grace Connoisseur

Jul 3, 2009

I've been looking for a chart or poster to go on the wall that you write the week's homework on. Can somebody help me find one or tell me how they have made one?

3. Teacher_Lady

Teacher_Lady Rookie

Jul 3, 2009

If you have a teacher supply store near you, they should have them. I ended up using one of my chalkboards and turning it into a huge calendar for the entire month where I can list upcoming assignments. This is really helpful for students who are absent and need to find out what they missed. I got those bright florescent markers that you can use on chalkboards and the kids love it. Hope you find what you need.

4. LiveNLearn

LiveNLearn Comrade

Jul 3, 2009

Mine was a hand me down that was bought at a store.

It has the days of the week across the top.

The subjects are down the left side.

My coworker made one that was similar and laminated it.

5. ancientcivteach

ancientcivteach Habitué

Jul 4, 2009

I just use a section of my white board - a little border or painters tape marks it off - Monday - Friday. BTW, I've been giving them their homework for the week on Monday for the last two years and it is fabulous. Really cuts down on the excuse-o-meter :)

6. Teacher Chele

Teacher Chele Habitué

Jul 4, 2009

I section my board off with painters tape in two columns-"Objectives" and "Job" I write Adjectives and then under job, the pages they are working on.

A very good friend, who is an awesome teacher does the same thing only she has the kids copy the chart into their agendas (daily calendar). When the complete an assignment, they highlight it. Anything that is not highlighted becomes HW. I hope I can be that organized with it this year!!!

7. loves2teach

loves2teach Enthusiast

Jul 5, 2009

I section my board off with BB border, but I think I will try painters tape this year (to use less space). Thanks for the tip!

8. ahsila

ahsila Companion

Jul 5, 2009

I use my windows for this - some dark dry erase markers and window glass - works great to track assignments (2 subjects, 3 grade levels, 5 days, so I need some room to list things).

9. Teaching Grace

Teaching Grace Connoisseur

Jul 5, 2009

Thanks for the great ideas guys! I went to the local school box and they had a ton of the big blank calendars that show Sun- Sat across the top. They only had 1 poster that was a homework chart but there was barely any room to be able to write the homework on it... I'm think about maybe converting one of the big calendar ones and then cover the Sunday with a printed out "Subjects" label and then fill each box below with a printed out label of what subject and then cover Saturday with "Weekend"....Then maybe laminate the whole thing.