home schooling help

Discussion in 'Forum Announcements & FAQ' started by stevejones1981, Sep 15, 2020.

1. stevejones1981

stevejones1981 New Member

Sep 15, 2020

Hi everyone. New to the forum, looking for some advice.

Due to the current situation, I feel like our schools are going to close again soon. That leaves me in a bit of a tricky situation.

I am self-employed and work from home, so that isn't the primary issue. However, those of you who are parents and teachers at the same time surely know how children react differently to teachers.

That makes it very difficult to get through to them that they still need to be "working" while they are at home, even if it is only a little bit each day.

How do you all get around it, any tips?

Thank you in advance.

3. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

Sep 15, 2020

Are you actually home schooling your child? Or is he/she remote learning?

Caesar753 and stevejones1981 like this.
  4. stevejones1981

stevejones1981 New Member

Sep 15, 2020

Good question. We haven't got back to the "learning at home" stage yet, but it is coming.

They will be remote learning, I suppose you would say. They are provided with work packs and a lot of online links to work through. But there is no teacher input to the actual learning process, we have to act as the teachers.

5. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

Sep 15, 2020

So until you get the work packs you are homeschooling. Are you coming up with things for them to do? If we knew the grades of your kids maybe someone can send you links to resources? When you get the packets they will still be remote learning since they are providing the resources. I think parents are confused to what is or isn't considered home schooling.

Caesar753 likes this.
  6. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

Sep 15, 2020

Can you provide more information about your kids and what they are doing right now? Or what they are refusing to do? I think your questions are valid but a bit broad.