Home-School Communication

Discussion in 'Preschool' started by teachpreschool, Oct 21, 2009.

1. teachpreschool

teachpreschool Rookie

Oct 21, 2009

Hello everyone! I am looking for a communication form that I can use for home-school communication. Something that tells about our day, that I can stick into a notebook that parents can look at, read, and comment if they so desire. Does anyone have an already completed form like this? Or lead me to a resource where these are available?

Thanks, in advance, for your help!
    Nicole

3. dcalhoun

dcalhoun Companion

4. lucylucy

lucylucy Rookie

Oct 25, 2009

All of my kids have home/school notebooks - I made paper that has a place to check at the top, whether they had a: great day, good day, fair day, or difficult day then there's several lines below where I can write parents a note. There is also a place for them to sign that they read the note and a place for them to write me a note (if desired). I looked for a very general one that was easy to fill out but never found one. Let me know if you do! :)

5. teachpreschool

teachpreschool Rookie

Oct 27, 2009

Thanks for everyone's help. I ended up making my own and started them yesterday. I basically did something like, "here's what we learned today" and then some empty lines. Then a behavior line, happy, said, tired, other with an empty line. Then a parent communication line. I taped these in a notebook, one sheet per page, and that left more lines to write one. Parents that requested it, were well received and glad to have that go back and forth. I hope that it stays that way! Thanks again for your help!

6. Mrs_Barrett

Mrs_Barrett Cohort

Oct 30, 2009

Teachpreschool, what part of IOwa are you from? I'm from the northwest side next to south dakota and nebraska.