Holy Canoly!

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by Lyquidphyre, Jul 31, 2007.

1. Lyquidphyre

Lyquidphyre Comrade

Jul 31, 2007

All those phone call paid off!! I have ANOTHER interview tomorrow.
    A few weeks ago I called a HS to see if they had an open position and apparently the person I talked to was an admin. assistant and she wrote down my name (even tho they didn't have any openings). Well, she called today because someone resigned this morning that teaches science.

So, I have an interview with this school at 10am and then another interview at my #1 choice at 3pm!! :rofl::rofl:

Both schools are really nice... and it would be hard deciding between the two. Granted, I'm not even realistically thinking they are both going to offer me the job... but I have been comparing them, just in case ;)

3. FarFromHome

FarFromHome Connoisseur

Jul 31, 2007

Good luck!

4. willsgirl

willsgirl Comrade

Jul 31, 2007

You go girl! One of these has to be for you.

5. nicegirl

nicegirl Comrade

Jul 31, 2007

Great! The tide is definitely turning for you!

6. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Jul 31, 2007

Sooooooo....

How did they go?

7. Deb06

Deb06 Companion

Jul 31, 2007

Congratulations! How did they go??

8. nicegirl

nicegirl Comrade

Jul 31, 2007

well, interview #2 was at 3 pm central. It's only 3:55 central now. So let's hope Lyqui is still "wowing" them! hehe

9. Lyquidphyre

Lyquidphyre Comrade

Jul 31, 2007

:oops:

The interviews are tomorrow! I get so excited I leave vital details like that out :sorry:

Hopefully by the end of the week I have a job! Today I'm going to run to campus to get two sets of original transcripts, just in case (another district took mine :mad: ).

10. nicegirl

nicegirl Comrade

Jul 31, 2007

oh, haha, don't worry. We're just that excited for you we wanted them to be today! Good luck tomorrow!

11. mommy3boys

mommy3boys Companion

Jul 31, 2007

Good luck and knock their socks off...

12. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Jul 31, 2007

Oops:)

13. Carebear05

Carebear05 Comrade

Aug 1, 2007

Good luck with both of them. Think positive!

14. #1 Mrs. H

#1 Mrs. H Companion

Aug 1, 2007

Sending ggod vibes your way!:up:

15. willsgirl

willsgirl Comrade

Aug 1, 2007

Let us know right away what happens. We'll be waiting :)

16. Lyquidphyre

Lyquidphyre Comrade

Aug 1, 2007

Well, on the way to my 10am interview I got a call from ANOTHER HS to set up an interview! Wahoo!! When it rains, it pours!

I'll let you know what happened at my 10am and then when I get back from my 3pm I'll tell y'all how that went to.

Okay, so I get there and at the very beginning I mention I am Life Science certified which means I can teach Biology, Environmental Science and Aquatic Science (I found this out a few days ago, ha!) and when I said that she goes "REALLY?!?" and apparently the position they are trying to fill is Environmental Science and IPC. She told me they called me in for the interview to see if I could take over a position so someone could move to the ES and IPC.. but since I can teach that, it makes her life easier. BUT, Im not certified to teach IPC but since its more a tutoring thing for students who didn't pass TAKS its not that big of a deal, I could still do that, too. So then she asks me a few interview questions, but it was REALLY casual.. I would answer and she would then go on about how something else and we'd have a conversation.. then she'd ask me something else... and then we'd end up having a conversation. So THEN she takes me on a tour of the school. The science labs are SO GORGEOUS. During the tour I expressed how I would love to be able to teach, at some point in addition to Biology, aquatic science, forensics, micro etc.. and she goes "Wait.. let me think.. the girl who teachers aquatics now doesn't really like it, and she is composite certified to she could teach IPC and you could teach aquatics"...
    So once we get back to her office after the tour, she told me how much she liked me, how she felt we "clicked" and was surprised no one has hired me yet. And, she said I am the #1 candidate right now and she has to interview others "out of courtesy." I got the impression that its more a matter of "can they make it work" than "do they like me"
    OH and the really cool thing is for ES I get a stipend since I would run the recycling program and for aquatic science they have about 4 or 5 tanks I get to set up (I'm an aquarium buff and have 4 aquariums at home already). Also, I get to do my own thing since im the only teacher teaching both of those classes.

So, with all of that being said...
    :woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot:

I am SO EXCITED!!! I hope she can make it work for me, especially since she really wants me there.

And that was just my FIRST interview of the day =o)

17. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Aug 1, 2007

This sounds SOOOOO great!!!!

Any idea of a timeline??

18. Lyquidphyre

Lyquidphyre Comrade

Aug 1, 2007

I asked her about that and she says she has more interviews today and some tomorrow morning but she wants to get this done ASAP.
    She asked me if I had any other interviews lined up, and I said "I will be completely honest with you, because I feel honesty won't hurt my chances here" and I told her about my 3pm interview and the back story (how they interviewed me a month ago, said they would get back to me either way in 2-3 weeks, two weeks came they didn't respond to my email.. 3 weeks came and they didn't respond to my thank you card... 3.5 weeks and I finally called to find out they hired to other people) and how I would turn down the job at school X if they could make the ES and Aquatic science thing work. So ANYWAYS, basically we agreed we would keep each other informed with what was going on because she understands I can't turn down job offers in hopes of getting that one.. but she also understands how much I want to work there. So, I have a feeling I could very well know by tomorrow afternoon. I think she has interviews this afternoon and tomorrow morning.. and if she already has mentally picked me I bet she will start calling my references today and all of that.
    Sorry for typing so much! Im just so excited!!!

19. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Aug 1, 2007

Hey, I've never met you and I'M excited!!

20. Lyquidphyre

Lyquidphyre Comrade

Aug 1, 2007

:wub:

Thanks!!
    Also, it REALLY made me feel good when she said "I am really shocked no one has hired you yet" and she went on to say she kept seeing my resume and wanted to call but she didn't know life science was more than just Biology.. BUT when I called last week asking about jobs (apparently she was the person I talked to) she was really impressed that I was so... diligent? I guess? about looking and finding a job.
    So, it pays to call!! haha.
    But after having such a ROUGH week and being rejected, or ignored it felt good that someone really, really liked me and kept expressing it.

I will say, I don't think I could have gone through last week w/o y'all and this forum here to cheer me up!
    Granted, I don't have a job yet... so I can't get TOO happy.. but man, it feels good to be liked!

21. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Aug 1, 2007

Hooray--sounds really promising and like an ideal fit! Keeping fingers crossed for you.

22. patti2

patti2 Cohort

Aug 1, 2007

WOOOWWWWW! You are in for this year! That woman KNOWS she has found her gold nugget! This will make every other interview go so much better! :p

23. Weazy

Weazy Comrade

Aug 1, 2007

I feel like I'm waiting for Part II! I can't wait to hear the ending, which sounds like it's going to be good!

24. willsgirl

willsgirl Comrade

Aug 1, 2007

This has gotta be the one :woot: You seem so perfect for the position and she sounded so encouraging. If it all works out, the position sounds so cool and loads of fun. I would do science of most any type (well, except, say physics) if I could just get through the math. English teachers are kinda like that...:eek:hmy:

Good luck! Can't wait to hear.

25. Lyquidphyre

Lyquidphyre Comrade

Aug 1, 2007

What is it with men being "the voice of reason" ??

I called my bf all excited and and I told him she had a few more interviews today and tomorrow morning and how she basically told me they were "out of courtesy" and he was like "Well, if those people are more certified then you won't get it" :|
    BUT, they told me right now I'm actually the more qualified because she has two Biology people coming in and two "rookies" (me being one of those rookies). Well, I'm certified to teach the ES which actually makes me the more qualified person, so take that boyfriend!

Then my dad was like "The lady you spoke with might like you, but the man in charge might not" :|
    Who wouldn't like me, common dad! haha.. the lady I interviewed with is in charge or hiring so that isn't a problem.

But, I better start freshening up for my 3pm interview, I'll let you know how that one goes!

Last edited: Aug 1, 2007
  26. JaimeMarie

JaimeMarie Moderator

Aug 1, 2007

Good luck at your 3pm interview. Congrats on knocking their socks off at the 10am interview. And good luck on the other interview. WOW that is a lot of interviews.

27. Big Shirley

Big Shirley Companion

Aug 1, 2007

I am wishing you all the best. I hope you get them both and get the chance to CHOOSE!!!! Good luck.

28. patti2

patti2 Cohort

Aug 1, 2007

Men reason things out on paper.....women reason things out in their hearts! I read once that it is okay for men to be the head of the home because women are the heart of the home! I like that.

29. kidatheart

kidatheart Habitué

Aug 1, 2007

Sounds fabulous!! Congrats and please let us know as soon as you get back this afternoon!!

30. nicegirl

nicegirl Comrade

Aug 1, 2007

That is great! The first interview sounds like you are a shoe-in for the position. I hope your other interviews go well too. It's better to have choices, choices, choices! Keep us informed.

31. ancientcivteach

ancientcivteach Habitué

Aug 1, 2007

ok, liquid, we're anxiouslyl awaiting tales from interview 2 . . . :)

32. Lyquidphyre

Lyquidphyre Comrade