Holiday madness

Discussion in 'Preschool' started by kidsalot, Dec 11, 2006.

1. kidsalot

kidsalot Comrade

Dec 11, 2006

Have anty of your students already "mentally" gone on winter break? Mine are driving me crazy!! They are distracted, noisy, and totally unmotivated. Eve my "good" kids are acting out. I know it is like this every year but it seems to have started early this year.

3. kinderkids

kinderkids Virtuoso

Dec 11, 2006

Mine are unusually loud and talkative. :( Now that is saying a lot since I have a class of Chatty Kathys this year anyhow. Today was horrible and I still have this week and all of next to go!!!!!!!:eek:

4. sevenplus

sevenplus Connoisseur

Dec 11, 2006

It's funny, because I don't tend to have that problem with my K's. They don't have much of a sense of time and I never find that they get antsy close to the holidays or the end of the year like older students do. Time to pull out some really creative teaching and muster up extra energy (when you are probably short on that at this time of year yourself)!

5. KarToTeach

KarToTeach Rookie

Dec 12, 2006

I thought I was the only one! One of my boys who is so quiet and mellow was just a space cadet yesterday! He put his opened, still half full juice box back in his lunch kit - not like him at all.
    I have full day every other day Kindergarten and I'm incorporating a second play time in the afternoon to let them get the wiggles out and move about - they seem to need it. I just pull kids to do some work a few at a time instead of trying to tackle the whole lot of them all at once and not succeeding!
    ilovetheholidaysilovetheholidaysilovehteholidays.....;)

6. JenPooh

JenPooh Virtuoso

Dec 12, 2006

I HAVE MYSELF!!! LOL! :D :p :eek: