Holiday Gifts

Discussion in 'General Education Archives' started by Guest, Dec 14, 2002.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Dec 14, 2002

In your opinions what are best and worst holiday (or end of the year) gifts you have gotten from your students and colleagues?

3. AngelaS

AngelaS Cohort

Dec 14, 2002

My first thought was thought there WERE no worst gifts, but actually... there was one! A student's father gave me a pink faux satin and lace nightie. Talk about awkward! And to make matters worse, I am a size 10 and he bought a 2x! LOL. I can't stand to let anything go to waste, and I do think his intentions were good (they were truly living in poverty and I appreciated that he wanted to do something for me), so I do actually sleep in the thing every now and then! And laugh every time I do!

My favorite gifts were books for the classroom because I see the kids for each coming year benefit from having them, and I really can't afford to buy too many myself. I also love Christmas ornaments because every year when I decorate my tree, I am reminded of the student.

4. Maxine

Maxine Companion

Dec 16, 2002

Christmas gifts

Dear Shilo,
    The best Christams gifts I receive are gift certificates of any kind, but especially to Dunkin' Donuts or a book store!:) maxine