Hmmm...wondering....

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by deeceekids, May 5, 2010.

1. deeceekids

deeceekids Companion

May 5, 2010

Okay,
    So I emailed one of the principals at one of the local districts here regarding my interest in a teaching position in his building and attached a copy of my teaching brochure and resume. He emailed back right away and said, "We will interview next week sometime." :confused:I wasn't quite sure what that meant though. Do you think it means he may contact me back for an interview, or just letting me know that he will schedule interviews then? Anyway, do you think I was too forward in my response to his email? I said, "Great! I will look forward to meeting with you." Just wondering and hoping I guess....

3. Unbeknownst

Unbeknownst Cohort

May 5, 2010

Nope, as a job-seeker, you gotta own it.

I've contacted the principals in all the districts I applied to.

I've gotten two interviews out of it.

4. VANewbie

VANewbie Devotee

May 5, 2010

That is the same thing that happened to me. I just e-mailed back that I would love an opportunity to interview for a position in the school. I am available x,y,z and then look forward to hearing from you. Or look forward to interviewing with you.

5. texjess2010

texjess2010 Companion

May 5, 2010

I haven't gotten an interview (yet) but have gotten responded to, my information forwarded or even short, curt "we are making decision in the next week or so.." responses. Just be polite, be remembered and fingers crossed! Don't over think it. You just might get that call!!!:)

6. l8ybugmom

l8ybugmom Groupie

May 6, 2010

Got a similar email. I didn't respond it. Don't know why...maybe that is why I'm still waiting for them to set up an interview with me? (I'm saying that kind of sarcastically since I know they've probably already interviewed for the position). Now I feel silly for not responding. Oh well...lesson learned.

7. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

May 6, 2010

What do you have to lose by sending an email now?

8. l8ybugmom

l8ybugmom Groupie

May 6, 2010

I can and will. I did speak to the principal at a job fair this past weekend. I have a feeling they have already filled the position since they were not eagerly talking to people like some other schools (does that make sense?). In fact, I remember just shaking the principal's hand and introducing myself and he just said nice to meet you and looked beyond me. Rather rude, I'd say. I cannot say that I had the same response from other schools---in fact, they remembered my name from the resumes I sent them last year. My last name is unique so that helps!

Thanks, Alice!