Hitting the Thrift Stores; Any Good Finds?

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by TeacherSandra, Aug 30, 2014.

1. TeacherSandra

TeacherSandra Enthusiast

Aug 30, 2014

Does anyone here enjoy going Thrift Store shopping?
    I finally decided to look at the clothing and find a nice pair of jean capris which looked like they hadn't been worn at all. I also scored on 2 blouses that were top notch! Each item was under $5.

3. Missy

Missy Aficionado

Aug 30, 2014

My daughter and her friend went all the time when they were undergrads. Now she goes to find stuff for theme parties, and has great success.

4. vickilyn

vickilyn Multitudinous

Aug 30, 2014

I love to go, but surprisingly, NJ is not blessed with as many as you would expect. Once a year I go home to Kansas City for a couple of weeks with my sister, who is the best thrift store shopper I have ever seen. She know values, is picky enough to look at the tiny details, and even pays attention to where they staple the tag! Besides that, she has great taste and I hate to shop alone. I always go with an extra empty suitcase, and I revamp my year's wardrobe. There are so many bargains out there that it is foolish to buy new, but for those who can hand over the cash without blinking an eye, I am happy for them. I teach, and I need a lot of clothes that wash and dry well, not go to the dry cleaners, so thrift stores work for me. I would say the for less than $200 I came home with about 12 new blouses/tops, 4 nice cardigans, 5 cropped pants, 3 pairs of jeans, and 8 pairs of pants. We did find a great deal on some new tops at Penney's, so there was a couple from there. I get complimented and I just say thanks - they are "new to me."

5. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Aug 30, 2014

There's one in town but it seems so expensive. I haven't found any good deals. There's one that I pass on the way home from work that I want to check out.

6. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Aug 30, 2014

I wouldn't buy clothing but have scored some lovely tableware and bar ware.