History lessons.. activities?

Discussion in 'High School' started by iluvteachin, Sep 9, 2007.

1. iluvteachin

iluvteachin Rookie

Sep 9, 2007

Looking for both general and specific (to ancient world history) activities ... I have all the information to give them but really would like to avoid having to stand up there every time and presenting it. Looking for fun/different ways to keep students engaged in history... any ideas greatly appreciated. :thanks:

3. ancientcivteach

ancientcivteach Habitué

Sep 10, 2007

What's the first unit you're planning for? I'm sure we could come up with some ideas!

4. iluvteachin

iluvteachin Rookie

Sep 10, 2007

just looked.. next unit we are onto the middle ages in Europe - Byzantine empire - Russia - feudalism -etc . .

definitely not my favorite period in history! ;-)

5. INteacher

INteacher Aficionado

Sep 17, 2007

Here's a link to a great web site that I use all the time in my World History classes. Since it's a UK site, all the activities are slanted towards Brit History but during the time period you are study it should work. Those lesson plans are free

http://www.thinkinghistory.co.uk/ActivityBase/utilities/AllActivities.html

If you are willing to spend money, this is a great place to pick up complete unit plans with activities, worksheets, info sheets ect... www.performance-education.com

I have lots of others that I have gathered just googling - try googling the board topic of "world history lesson plans", then time periods "middle ages lesson plans" then specifics - "feudalism in the middle ages lesson plans" You should be able to lots

6. Miss L

Miss L Rookie

Sep 18, 2007

i find that students really enjoy role playing activities and simulations...just have them step into the shoes of the 'characters' they're learning about. there are a lot of those online if you google them (that's how i find most of mine)

there is also somethign called History Alive - it has a lot of hands on activities for students that i just love...try googling that one too! ;)