Hiring status in NC or SC?

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by kpteacher, Mar 13, 2010.

1. kpteacher

kpteacher Rookie

Mar 13, 2010

Just curious if anyone is from NC or SC. I was at a teacher Job fair and they were recruiting like crazy...do they need teachers that bad?

3. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Mar 13, 2010

How did you do at the job fair?

4. kpteacher

kpteacher Rookie

Mar 13, 2010

insane!

It was the most insane thing ever! There must have been 2000 people there! It looked like Michael Jacksons funeral, everyone was wearing black and the lines were crazy! You had to ask what line ws for what district because they were so long. I met with 4 or 5 districts, talked for about 3 minutes with each, waited though for 45 to get to the person, gave my resume and left. They all said that they do not know the status of their open positions yet. I agree it is early, especially for PA schools. I am glad I went for the experience, but probably wouldn't go to another one, like that, again.

5. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Mar 13, 2010

How about this as an alternate strategy?

Do a search-- find all the job fairs you can. Then, either through the webstites or by showing up in person, get a list of all the schools/ districts there-- those are the ones that are hiring. Then, within a day or two of the fair, show up in professional attire, and drop off your resume and cover letter with the principal/ superintendent.