Hiring Process

Discussion in 'General Education' started by TeachCreateInspire, May 28, 2019.

1. TeachCreateInspire

TeachCreateInspire Rookie

May 28, 2019

I have had some interviews, and I am just curious about how to hiring process works? Do principals usually call the person they want to recommend before or after the board meeting to let them know they are hired? Also, what exactly does the board vote on when hiring someone?

3. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Maven

May 28, 2019

Our principal calls. The board approval here is a formality.

4. miss-m

miss-m Devotee

May 28, 2019

HR calls in my district. The board approval is a formality, but new hires can’t do paper work for an extended offer until after the next board meeting.

5. TeachCreateInspire

TeachCreateInspire Rookie

May 28, 2019

The interview was 2 weeks ago, and there is a called board meeting tomorrow. Would I have heard something by now if they were going to hire me?

6. waterfall

waterfall Maven

May 28, 2019

You would have heard something by now if they wanted to recommend you to the board. They're not going to bother recommending someone who hasn't actually accepted the job yet- what if they recommended you and then you'd either already accepted another job or turned them down for some other reason? You'd be included in the process.

I would assume you didn't get it if you haven't heard anything for two weeks, but if you want closure, send the P an email or call HR and ask if the position has been filled. Next time, ask in the interview when you can expect to hear something by so you're not just waiting for weeks on end.

bella84 likes this.