Hiring Packet, but do I have the job?

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by kissimi91, Aug 19, 2014.

1. kissimi91

kissimi91 New Member

Aug 19, 2014

Recently I applied for a teaching job and I got it ....and then it got rescinded due to the fact they did not have enough students enrolled for kindergarten (I was applying for the kindergarten teaching position). Obviously I was super upset :(:(. The principal felt really bad and recommended me to another principal in the same district.

I went for that interview and got it! However because of the past situation I am feeling very anxious that the same thing will happen again. I recently received an email with a congratulations and a hiring packet from HR and I have completely finished it however, HR is not completely done with everything that they have to do. They said that because of how close September is they did the process backwards.

I am not sure of what that means but does that mean that if they wanted to they could still rescind my offer? Would a district really give out a hiring packet without approving the individual?

I'm just really paranoid about the whole situation. Could someone give me some advice?!! :):):):)

3. vickilyn

vickilyn Magnifico

Aug 19, 2014

Take a deep breath. I am not going to say your worst fears couldn't come true, but this close to the beginning of the year, I bet those numbers are pretty solid. HR is working to get your papers going with the state and any criminal history clearance in the works, to get you into the classroom sooner rather than later. I can't make you stop worrying, nor should I be able to do that. It is our vigilance and concern that helps us navigate tricky and uncharted waters. I would, however, consider myself hired, and simply ask about when there might be a contract to sign. Congrats!

4. willow129

willow129 Comrade

Aug 20, 2014

Way to bounce back Kissimi! :) That must have been hard. I find it hard to believe that same situation could happen twice in a row! But I suppose it could, anyways, I think you're fine, relax and fill out any paperwork ASAP

Congratulations!