High Turn over rate?

Discussion in 'Early Childhood Education Archives' started by Mrs.Sheila, Jul 29, 2006.

1. Mrs.Sheila

Mrs.Sheila Cohort

Jul 29, 2006

Does your center/school have a high turn over rate amounst teachers?

3. MissFrizzle

MissFrizzle Virtuoso

Jul 29, 2006

I've worked at non-profits with huge turnover rates... of course due to poor salaries and low morale..

4. MUgrad1990

MUgrad1990 Rookie

Jul 29, 2006

Not at all! In fact, it's very difficult to get a job at our pre-school. Several of our teachers have been teaching there for over 20 years! I was just hired for the new 2-year old class, but before me, the last teacher hired was over 6 years ago!

It's a great private, church affiliated school, and a WONDERFUL working environment! Nobody wants to leave!

5. Grammy Teacher

Grammy Teacher Virtuoso

Jul 29, 2006

We only have trouble keeping teachers in the 3 year old room. No one stays over a couple of years in the class. The rest of us have been there 10 to 18 years.

6. Angel_Voice

Angel_Voice Rookie

Jul 29, 2006

We also have a high turn-over rate at our school/daycare. I am in the 3yr old class and as with Grammy's school, no one is crazy about that room either. I personally LOVE that age and intend to stay!!

7. dragonfly

dragonfly Rookie

Jul 30, 2006

I work in a state-of-the-art laboratory school and the full-time staff rarely leave. However, the part-time staff? High turn-over! Our trend is to use part-timers due to budget concerns, but what's the trade-off?

8. Lainie

Lainie Companion

Aug 2, 2006

We have a really high turnover... I'm at Head Start, and one where our director's attitude is that if help doesn't stay, they don't have to pay for raises... And also, probably the fact that our coordinating staff won't take suggestions or help when they're needed...

In fact, I think we had about eight people leave in the middle of last year. It was crazy, and with Peer Review coming up, I shudder to think of how everything will turn out.

But I could go on and on about all that mess...

9. Mrs.Sheila

Mrs.Sheila Cohort

Aug 2, 2006

This is my second year with the threes, I have had one with the twos, but I like you, LOVE this age too! ;)

10. TanyaLynn

TanyaLynn Rookie

Aug 2, 2006

At the center I just started at, they've had a recent high turn over rate because of pregnancies. Other than that, they don't tend to.

11. mrod

mrod Rookie

Aug 7, 2006

We have high turn over rates at the center I work at we are always losing assistants, and just last week we lost a preschool teacher. Which is very funny because for child care the center I work at is the highest paying in this neighborhood.