High School Schedule/Classes for 2008-2009

Discussion in 'High School' started by jbj913, Jun 27, 2008.

1. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Aug 16, 2008

Mrs. K, did you get things figured out yet?

2. Mrs. K.

Mrs. K. Enthusiast

Aug 16, 2008

It's a little better, but not ideal. For a while there I thought I was back to all seniors, but the new AP apparently had made a mistake on the master board, so I still have a class of freshmen - not to mention that I also still have the 12S class, so that's three preps. There's no way I can do the film project with only three classes of 12CP, so I'm going to have to table it.

On the other hand, I was able to switch my period 7 freshman class for the period 1 class, so I'll still have my afternoons to work on my research and get to grad school on time on Thursdays. Plus, I'm wide awake at 7 a.m., and since they're used to starting school at 9, maybe they'll be a bit subdued...

I guess things happen for a reason. If I had been working on the film project, I might not have given my all to my research, and the department chair at the university thinks I may be able to submit an article to English Journal or even do a presentation at the NCTE convention next year, so I want to do a great job. And, freshmen do To Kill a Mockingbird, Of Mice and Men, Romeo and Juliet - things I've never had the chance to teach. Might as well look on the bright side! ;)

3. Budaka

Budaka Cohort

Aug 16, 2008

I teach six classes and six different subjects (Spanish 1-4, two levels of English). I am so special :)lol:)!
    Actually, I don't mind it too much because it keeps me from being bored. But the preparing for the classes is horrendous. I remember the good old days when I had only two different subjects to teach. Even if I only spend ten minutes preparing for each class that is still an hour every day! I am also a class sponsor and have Spanish club. I still love it though!

4. senseijoao

senseijoao Rookie

Aug 20, 2008

We're on block. I have three sections of Geometry and one section of babysitting Algebra (aka foundations).

5. krysmorgsu

krysmorgsu Cohort

Aug 20, 2008

I got my schedule yesterday, so here it is:
    Period 1: AP Latin
    Periods 2 & 3: don't know - one will be my duty, the other my planning period
    Period 4: Latin I
    Period 5: Latin I
    Period 6: Latin 3 Honors
    Period 7: Lunch
    Period 8: Latin II

I like it, except for having AP first thing in the morning. We're an early school, so that class starts at 7:22. I'll definitely be needing my coffee before school!

6. NooniePie

NooniePie Rookie

Aug 23, 2008

This is my first full year teaching. I have 10th grade Language Arts, and 2 9th grade remedial Langague Arts. Not so bad, my prep is right after lunch and the school is on block scheduling.

Noonie