High School Reunion

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out Archives' started by Zanadu, Jan 30, 2007.

1. Zanadu

Zanadu Companion

Jan 30, 2007

As I was correcting this years date yet again I realized that this is the year for my 20th high school reunion. It really does seem a lifetime ago. There's a part of me that really wants to go. The reality is that while I had some very good friends then, we haven't kept in touch over the years. Plus, it's literally on the other side of the world. However, that would allow me to visit my parents and other family. I'm wondering how many of you went to your 20th reunion and did you think it was worth it?

3. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Maven

Jan 30, 2007

Mine is coming up next year, and I don't really think I'll go. I went to my 10th, which was OK. The 15 year one was AWFUL . . . poorly planned and poorly attended. It also cost a lot to attend, and the spent a huge amount on alcohol although the biggest part of us didn't drink.

4. cutNglue

cutNglue Magnifico

Jan 30, 2007

My husband and I went just went to his 20th year reunion. I haven't gone to mine yet and I wondered what the big deal was. His was also in the same town as some of our family. He had a good time at his 10th year, but at the 20th year people were a lot more friendly and open with people they didn't even associate with in high school. I think part of that was because people were starting to forget the whos of whos in high school and part of it was due to maturity. It was fun for him. For me I had a long journey and a headache. My favorite part of the whole thing was the plane right back where we spent good quality time talking (without our kids around). Visiting friends and family was an added bonus. If you can afford it...go.

5. JenPooh

JenPooh Virtuoso

Jan 30, 2007

I've only gotten past my 10th, but I didn't go. We had previous plans. I probably would have gone had I not had another place to be.

6. MissFrizzle

MissFrizzle Virtuoso

Jan 30, 2007

My 20th is coming up in 3 years:eek:

I skipped my 10th, but now regret it.

7. love2teach

love2teach Enthusiast

Jan 30, 2007

My 10th will be next year....Im sure I will go...I still keep in touch with a lot of people.....

8. Zanadu

Zanadu Companion

Jan 30, 2007

Our class had a 5, 10, and 15 year reunion. I skipped them all. From what I understand the last one had a very poor turnout. Overkill maybe?! I had always planned that I would go to the 20 thinking that was the big one. Of course, I thought I'd live a lot closer. And I thought living in California was far. (I'm originally from North Carolina.)