High-price classroom donations

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by DrivingPigeon, Apr 12, 2012.

1. DrivingPigeon

DrivingPigeon Phenom

Apr 12, 2012

Alright, I'm on this kick now to get tables for my classroom! I have been looking online and most tables are in the $100-$140 price range. If I would like tables for my classroom, I would have to get the money through donations, because I cannot afford to spend $900 of my own money on tables!

Donors Choose is not an option, because that is too much money to ask for. Plus, I had 2 projects up a few years ago, and neither were funded, so I am almost out of points.

My question is, how does one go about funding projects that are this large? Do teachers go around to businesses and ask for donations? Do people send letters and proposals to large corporations? I'm not sure how to go about this.

3. tracykaliski

tracykaliski Connoisseur

Apr 16, 2012

I would put the word out to the parents and anyone else you know that you're on the lookout for tables. Talk to the custodian at your school and let him/her know as well. Put an ad on Craigslist or some other free site like that and see what you come up with!

4. chebrutta

chebrutta Enthusiast

Apr 16, 2012

Do you have any schools undergoing major renovations in your area? We got a new building this year, and at the end of last year, people from other schools in the district came through our rooms and tagged any furniture they wanted. My tables (sob) were gone in the first 5 minutes.

5. Blue

Blue Aficionado

Apr 16, 2012

I just saw some tables on CL for free. They were not adjustable, but you can buy adjustable legs. My DH used to be in charge of the school district wherehouse. I got lots of equipment from him. At that time, he had some beautiful adjustable leg tables.