Hi everyone I need advice for my interview tommorow!

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by byancabee, Jul 6, 2009.

1. byancabee

byancabee Rookie

Jul 6, 2009

:)
    Hi, well I have a job interview tommorow with the schooldistrict and its for an Instructional Position with an Elementary for the Preschool there. I am very nervous, as to what they might ask me and how they will find my answers. I have worked with children before and do love it, I have been to previous interviews at other places a well and they sure do put you on the spot, with this interview I really want to leave a great impression I always do but I really want this job. If anyon has interviewed for his position before, what did they ask? Also they asked for permits if any, I dont have any but do meet the requirements and they did call me for an interview after receiving my info.
    Thank you guys and wish me luck!!

3. annafish

annafish Companion

Jul 6, 2009

Check the job seekers category on this forum. You will find a lot of great advice. Good luck!

4. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Jul 6, 2009

I interviewed for and got a job for a preschool in a high school about 10 years ago (only stayed for a year and left to take position at school where I am now). It was a team interview- not remembering specific questions but mostly about my experiences in early childhood, how would I go about differentiating for a mixed-age group, working with hs students (my classroom was a 'lab' of sorts for the Family Living students) and with the HS teachers, parent communications...I was stepping into a position where the last person left and there was some drama with the assistant wanting the job and not getting it so they told me about that and how parents might be considering the drama. Mostly, I would say be positive and enthusiastic, be prepared with ideas for units, themes, children's lit you love and would use...

5. byancabee

byancabee Rookie

Jul 6, 2009

Thank You guys so much!!
    very helpful!!
    I am researching possible questions, also I worked at a daycare in highschool and it was fun we did alot of planning ahead though and thngs alphabetically ordered like first day would be letter A and we would pick themes songs , activities, from there ending the year with letter Z.
    btw, should I take letters of reccomendation even though they didnt ask for them?

6. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Jul 6, 2009

Take the letters with you. Do you have a portfolio?

7. byancabee

byancabee Rookie

Jul 6, 2009

No, I dont.

8. byancabee

byancabee Rookie

Jul 6, 2009

Anyone have any questions they have been asked?