Hi again!

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by Chevygirl97, May 31, 2011.

1. Chevygirl97

Chevygirl97 Companion

May 31, 2011

I haven't posted in FOREVER but here I am again in need of some support I guess...?!? Lol!!

I've been teaching 2nd @ a Catholic school for the past four years & I have a possible opportunity to move to an experimental charter school. They use Love & Logic & have NO TEXT BOOKS!!! I know I can do the project based theme teaching, but I have a 10 month old son...I'm afraid this new position will take too much time away from him. I also know I won't be teaching 2nd (I'll find out this afternoon...) :eek:

I don't know exactly what I'm asking here. Just venting I guess! :blush:

3. mopar

mopar Multitudinous

May 31, 2011

Welcome back! Really consider the team of teachers you will be working with and how much prep you'll be able to put in over the summer. If you have a team that will be support and you can all help each other, it might make all the difference with the move.

4. TamiJ

TamiJ Virtuoso

May 31, 2011

Welcome ack . First of all, do you have support at home to help with your son? If you don't have any textbooks, you will likely be creating a lot of things on your own (like Mopar suggests find out about the support you'll have from your team), and you need to be sure you have sufficient time to put into it.

You also need to consider other factors that you might not have already mentioned. How happy are you in your current position? If you are considering leaving, you must have some reason to believe that you will be happier at the other school, or at least at the same level of happiness.

5. Chevygirl97

Chevygirl97 Companion

May 31, 2011

Thanks for the welcome!!!

I have tons of help with my kiddo...a very involved daddy who works nights, my mom & his mom.

My current school is not ideal--love my kids & parents, staff & admin not so much...

I just met with the board & they want to offer me 2nd or 3rd! I have tons of stuff so that really put me at ease....

We shall see! I'm in need of a change...

6. mopar

mopar Multitudinous

May 31, 2011

Then go for it! Good luck with the change if you decide to try it!