He's getting a Harley

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by kinderkids, Jul 17, 2010.

1. kinderkids

kinderkids Virtuoso

Jul 17, 2010

My husband is thrilled because he is going to be getting his dream Harley. I'm thrilled too as I can't wait to go riding with him.
    Do any of you or your spouses have one? If so what kind?

3. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Jul 17, 2010

In my dreams, I have a Harley that I ride to school. :cool:

4. kinderkids

kinderkids Virtuoso

Jul 17, 2010

Ha! Well he said I should get one too...I thought about it. I'd love to take it to school.:cool:

5. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Jul 17, 2010

That's great, have fun w/ it! My dad used to have one before I was born (& maybe even before my parents met). All I know is, he used to have one & I believe I saw a picture of him on it in a photo album.

I like the look of the street bikes better. I wouldn't mind getting my motorcyle's license & getting a steet bike. I'd ride it on leisurely weekends.

6. kinderkids

kinderkids Virtuoso

Jul 17, 2010

My dad had Harleys and Indians. My brothers all had and still have bikes, too. There is an old picture of my dad in his riding gear standing next to his Harely and he looked exactly like a young Marlon Brando. We always get a laugh out of that picture.

7. oppa637

oppa637 Rookie

Jul 17, 2010

I use to ride an yamaha r6( sports bike). Considering getting back into it but houston just has soo many bad drivers and is...ridiculously flat

8. buck8teacher

buck8teacher Devotee

Jul 17, 2010

My dad has an ultra glide classic and has had a Harley since before I was born. He and my stepmom love riding together.

9. Mrs.DLC

Mrs.DLC Comrade

Jul 17, 2010

My husband has a Soft tail Harley. I have never ridden on it!! I'll stick with my bicycle..:)

10. kinderkids

kinderkids Virtuoso

Jul 17, 2010

He's getting a Fat Boy. I guess something simliar to this pic.
    fat boy

fat boy 1

11. TeacherShelly

TeacherShelly Aficionado

Jul 17, 2010

For hubby's 40th Birthday

No Harley in our future, but here's my husband's motorcycle. I bought it for him for his 40th birthday. As the photo clearly shows, it is not for two people :)

[​IMG]

12. Newto3rd

Newto3rd Companion

Jul 17, 2010

My husband has a Sportster 1200. He looooves that thing. I don't like to ride it though! He's also a teacher and the kids love to see him ride it to school. They stop him in the hall to talk about it or tell him what his helmet looks like (like he doesn't know! lol).

He's had it for a year now. He got it last summer while we were getting our yearly eye exam. A lady noticed his Harley t-shirt (never owned a bike - just t-shirts!) and told him that she had a bike for sale. Her ex left her and the bike was in her name and she wanted to get rid of it ASAP. Soooo... we went to the bank and that's all she wrote! He drove it home that night. HA! That'll be a great story to tell our kids/grandkids one day. Especially because this bike will probably still be around for them to see! heee