Here is my cover letter for an afterschool assistant position

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by Peachyness, Jul 12, 2011.

1. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Jul 12, 2011

**EDIT: I decided to apply to their tutoring position instead as the afterschool job requires you to be fingerprinted first. Since the deadline for the afterschool job isn't until august, I'll wait to apply to this tutoring job, which is at the same school.

I actually struggled in writing my cover letter. I didn't want to come off as a know-it-all or as being too overqualified. I just don't know....

I also struggle in bringing ME into my cover letters. I struggle, primarily, in showing who I am while keeping the letter professional.

Well, here is what I have so far. What do you think?:help:

I am interested in applying for the Teacher Tutor position in the ABC Elementary School District. I am confident that my prior experience in working with students will contribute to the goals of providing students with a safe and positive learning environment.

For the past six years, I have been working with students from grades Kindergarten through sixth grade as either their primary teacher or as a math resource teacher. As a math resource teacher, I had the opportunity to collaborate with the teachers at the school to design and implement a program that would foster students' proficiency in math. My students made huge growth in math, moving from below basic to either basic or advance on their benchmark tests. In addition, my students' ability to critically think and solve word problems also improved drastically.

In addition, I taught in an afterschool program, called the APPLE Club, when I worked at Bannana School. In this program, we worked with the students to boost their self esteem, improve their test taking skills, and to prepare them for the upcoming CST.

I am excited at the prospect of working with the students and staff in the ABC Elementary School District. I would like to meet with you to discuss my qualifications for the Teacher Tutor position. Thank you for your time and consideration.

3. PCdiva

PCdiva Connoisseur

Jul 12, 2011

I think its great. I usually do a little about my education background in the 2nd paragraph but I guess it's not needed since it is for an afterschool job.

Good Luck!

4. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Jul 12, 2011

Thanks PCdiva. :)