Herbal life

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by sweetlatina23, Jul 28, 2013.

1. sweetlatina23

sweetlatina23 Cohort

Jul 28, 2013

I really want to lose some weight and I've been reading up on herbal life. Has anyone tried it? What are the pros and cons? About how much is it a month? Does it keep you full? What two meals did you supplement? Did you get any headaches?

3. thatgirlyouknow

thatgirlyouknow Rookie

Jul 28, 2013

I'm a distributor. :) There's an off-shoot called Derbalife (Herbalife supplements + roller derby- centered training) that my team and I did.

I like the products. I used the original line then focused on the athlete line later. I never got headaches. The shakes taste great (Dulce de Lece makes me believe in like... unicorns and faeries, it's so good), I find that the supplements really help with energy and such, plus if you add in any amount of extra exercise, you'll feel even better.

The only cons for me are remembering to take all of the supplements. Depending on what you're going for, you may take a few or a lot of supplements. Cost, again, is dependent on how much you're willing to spend. Replacing two meals a day is going to take two Formula 1 shake containers for one month and those run around $35-$40.

Then you also sign up under a coach in the iChange app. They help keep you on track!

4. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Jul 28, 2013

I think Weight Watchers would be a better option.

5. sweetlatina23

sweetlatina23 Cohort

Jul 29, 2013

I am still undecided. I just wanted more opinions.

Weight watchers works off calories, right?

6. FarFromHome

FarFromHome Connoisseur

Jul 29, 2013

No, it used to. Now it's fat, carbs, fiber, and protein.

7. nyteacher29

nyteacher29 Comrade

Jul 29, 2013

I just signed up for ww today! I have done it in the past and liked it. Best of luck on whatever you try :)

8. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Maven

Jul 29, 2013

I did calories. Lost 30 pounds in just over three months. I didn't restrict anything. I did eat better things overall, but some days the "bad" choice was worth the calories.

9. bison

bison Habitué

Jul 30, 2013

Since you asked about pros and cons...

Research has shown that it's no more effective than other meal replacement shake type products. There has also been some controversy regarding the safety and toxicity of the product. I agree that something like Weight Watchers would be a healthier alternative. Herbalife still requires diet and exercise, and no one is going to have any kind of sustainable weight loss unless the diet and exercise habits change long term, even after they stop drinking whatever the product is. Doing things like Weight Watchers or calorie counting teach better eating habits, which is what keeps the weight off. Herbalife works through a calorie deficit just like anything else. You're taking in less calories, so you're losing weight.

I hope this doesn't offend anyone and I don't want to start any kind of debate but IMO, Herbalife is a pyramid scheme. That's not to say the product doesn't work, but I would stay away from selling it at all costs. Waste of time and money unless you're also going to recruit a bunch of other people to sell it, which is the only way you can make real money in an MLM type structure, which is what they use.

10. paperheart

paperheart Groupie

Jul 30, 2013

When I bought some vitamins from them 10 years ago, I thought it was overpriced nonsense after using the product. I don't know anything about the shakes or recent products.

11. teacherwithlove

teacherwithlove Comrade

Jul 30, 2013

I have lost a fluctuation of 7-11 pounds since June 30th... all thanks to WW and moderate exercise 3-4 times a week.

12. sweetlatina23

sweetlatina23 Cohort

Aug 2, 2013

Thank you all. It seems ww is a better choice.

13. thatgirlyouknow

thatgirlyouknow Rookie

Aug 4, 2013

Not offended. :) I know from personal experience that it works. I also know from personal experience that WW works. :)

However, most people who do herbalife aren't distributors. I have a friend who is EXTREMELY successful at distributing, but I don't actually sell it. I became a distributor for the deep discounts in the products. ;) But, as with everything, weight loss is more than intake. It's output, too!