Help

Discussion in 'Kindergarten' started by stephenpe, Feb 2, 2009.

1. stephenpe

stephenpe Connoisseur

Feb 2, 2009

Not a K teacher but you have my UTMOST respect.
    I do indoor PE sometimes (rain) and I have it down for
    1st-5th but K always is a challenge. Any ideas or
    games for K indoors with little space? Thanks in advance.
    :help:

3. cocacola

cocacola Rookie

Feb 2, 2009

My kids love dancing, so maybe you could get some songs that tell them what to do (freeze type song), cha cha slide. My school also has access to streaming Discovery channel videos and they have a series called "Rainy Day Recess" and it is good short videos that has the kids moving along with it. They enjoy it a lot.

4. stephenpe

stephenpe Connoisseur

Feb 2, 2009

Thanks, my other school has all the movement video and stuff but this school has little. Today I remembered "Doggy Doggy who has the bone" and the loved it.

5. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Feb 2, 2009

Couldn't you get like a plastic cookie & do who stole the cookie from the cookie jar. I know I would use making rain as a classroom filler, but you could do it with more noise/ adding feet to make it more PE. What about Simon says? I would do this a lot when I did sub in PE, expect I would sub in my last name. Hot potato is another one. Have you ever played mum ball?

Do you mean you don't have space to run?!?

6. AMK

AMK Aficionado

Feb 2, 2009

I did muscial chairs one day and they loved it. I did it with small groups of children. They loved it

7. dr.gator

dr.gator Comrade

Feb 2, 2009

Come on coach....a little bit of rain and a few Kindergarteners equals a whole bunch of fun! Don't rain on our parade! How's the coworker with cancer doing that you mentioned a while back?

8. stephenpe

stephenpe Connoisseur

Feb 2, 2009

Hey, I know a million games and have done all of them but Kind. is that age where it can be like herding cats. Funny thing is my other Kinderg. at my other school is my BEST class. I never tried Simon Says in K. My coworker is off the rest of the year doing chemo/radiation everyday for awhile. Prognosis is not good but she is very up and joking. Boss hired a guy to finish the year.

9. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Feb 2, 2009

I might not say you're out right away when you play, but it's fun to see who is really trying to listen.

10. dr.gator

dr.gator Comrade

Feb 3, 2009

Herding cats! Very true! Very true! Glad to hear that the coworker is making it. One day at a time, one day at a time!