HELP!!!!!

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by green78, May 18, 2011.

1. green78

green78 Companion

May 18, 2011

I have been apping for teaching positions in NJ. My problem is there are not too many jobs. I am starting to think about different options. I have a degree in early Childhood and Special Ed. Does anyone have any idea what else I can apply for besides teaching? Also does any one know if there is a cyber school in NJ? Please help me I am so done with my job. I work with behavioral student.

3. yellowdaisies

yellowdaisies Fanatic

May 18, 2011

I'm not in NJ, but your job market is much like ours in CA, from what I hear. Have you applied to charter and private schools as well? There are people on this board from that area that can help you with specific websites...

4. waterfall

waterfall Virtuoso

May 18, 2011

It's really early in the hiring season...I wouldn't worry too much yet. I'm totaly blanking on the organization, but there was a website last year completing dedicated to bringing quality teachers to newark, NJ. From what I gathered, it was a rough area with not so good schools but they were really trying to turn it around (keep in mind I'm from OH, this is just what I know from this orginization). I tried to apply but it was too late in the summer for me to take the required praxis tests to be certified in NJ. They were hiring hundreds of teachers- I'm sure if you are willing to teach special education in that area they'd be happy to have you. Just google it and you should find something.