Help!

Discussion in 'General Education' started by s407042, Apr 30, 2010.

1. s407042

s407042 Rookie

Apr 30, 2010

I just had my lecturer come and watch and mark one of my lessons on prac. I did it on information reports and she gave me a satisfactory. She said i need to make it more fun engaging for students.

Any ideas????

3. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

May 1, 2010

What kind of help are you requesting? How to fix the lesson you just taught or how to prepare for the next one?

What are the kids learning next?

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by an information report, but I think my lesson would have involved the kids in getting the info, and it would be relavant to their lives somehow.

4. wrice

wrice Habitué

May 2, 2010

To me, making a lesson engaging might mean hands-on, with objects that students might manipulate; social- giving students an option to create or discuss something in a group; making a product with their learning that is relevant and unique, like a video, newspaper, poster; asking open ended questions or opening with some kind of experience that is unique or thought-provoking....

5. s407042

s407042 Rookie

May 7, 2010

I am wondering how to do the next lesson. I have taught them what an information report is, the three main sections of an information report and the importance of taking an objective stance rather than a subjective one when writing it.

I just don't know where to go from here and how to make it interesting. I was thinking of teaching the concept of organising the information (eg. sequencing the paper into separate paragraphs). Or is there something else I should cover first?

6. Zelda~*

Zelda~* Devotee

May 7, 2010

What grade level is this? What are the students going to do? It sounds like you're doing all the work thus far. ;)

7. pontiac8411

pontiac8411 Rookie

May 8, 2010

I like movement activities for the simple fact that they are engaging. For example, one that might work for you for sequencing is called a carousel. You post different posters/papers around the room with a piece of information (maybe each has a piece of the information report on it or each has objective or subjective and they have to tell the difference). The students travel in groups of about three to four and have a certain amount of time at each poster.They have to complete whatever task it is at the poster/answer a question. They write in on the poster and students move on to the next poster after the time limit is up. Each group must also comment on the last group's answer as well as providing their own. HINT: TEACH ACCEPTABLE MOVEMENT BEFORE YOU DO THIS LESSON! if you do not, you will run the risk of them getting up and going bananas, creating classroom management issues.