Help with winter bulletin board!

Discussion in 'Kindergarten' started by misst1976, Nov 17, 2008.

1. misst1976

misst1976 Companion

Nov 17, 2008

I have to put up a December bulletin board outside the office and the principal wants something with writing from the kindergarten kids. Any suggestions?

3. kinderokSA

kinderokSA Rookie

Nov 19, 2008

How about - I want ____ for christmas. and they could illustrate the thought

4. Mrs.Z.

Mrs.Z. Companion

Nov 21, 2008

I have had the kids make checkerboard patterns on construction paper stockings. Then we take red butcher paper, paint white lines to make it look like brick and 'hang' the stockings on it.

5. tgi1515

tgi1515 Comrade

Nov 23, 2008

I don't know how much "writing" your P wants. I've made pages that say "It used to be a tree, but now it's a ________". Die cut a bunch of Christmas trees and have them use their imaginations and some art supplies to turn it into something else (rockets, cars, flowers, butterflies, etc.) Then they can sound out and use inventive spelling to write the word. (You can use any die cut or anything else ... I've used leaves, stockings, hearts, candy wrappers, candy kiss wrappers (My teacher gave me a Kiss and now it's a.....)

I don't know if you can change this a little if there needs to be more writing..... maybe they can write the whole sentence... Good Luck

6. AMK

AMK Aficionado

Nov 23, 2008

Write about their 5 senses during the Christmas season. Ex:

I smell
    I taste
    I hear
    I see
    I touch

7. Tasha

Tasha Phenom

Nov 23, 2008

I have a writing assignment in January that we do using The Mitten by Jan Brett. In the story Nicki wants mittens as white as snow. The kids write (Name) wants mittens as _____ as ______. It is great if your kids know their color words or you can use it as a lesson on using classroom resources to write (point out the color poster/words and model how to copy them).

8. treysmom

treysmom Comrade

Nov 24, 2008

I don't know if this is what you are looking for, but I once did a class book; I think it could be turned into a bull bd.
    Put this up as your heading:
    Oh my goodness-what would we do...
    Have you heard-is it true?
    This would be terrible-what rotten luck;
    WHAT WOULD WE DO
    IF SANTA GOT STUCK?
    For the book, the students illustrated and wrote what they would do. It made an adorable book. If your kids aren't to the point of writing, you could record their answers.

9. DrivingPigeon

DrivingPigeon Phenom

Nov 24, 2008

We read a story called "When will it Snow?" and the kids each drew a picture of their favorite thing to do in the snow (they also included words on their pictures). It was perfect, because they've all been so excited about snow, and it snowed yesterday!

10. misst1976

misst1976 Companion

Nov 24, 2008

Thanks for all the suggestions! They are great ideas to use in the classroom too!

11. MissHunny

MissHunny Comrade

Nov 25, 2008

how about "on the first snowday I wil ________"