Help with what to do.

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by Rbart, Aug 7, 2013.

  1. Rbart

    Rbart Companion

    Joined:
    Jul 29, 2012
    Messages:
    126
    Likes Received:
    0

    Aug 7, 2013

    So last Friday I had a verbal offer for either a full time or part time position that would be permanent. The supervisor said he was coming back from his vacation today to do the paper work. I don't know when I would expect to hear back from the district about approval and contract signing. This morning I received an email for a lts 4 month position that I interviewed for over a month ago. I had written that one off since so much time had passed. I also don't understand why they emailed me but that is besides the point. I have never been in this position and I'm not sure what to do I don't want to tell them yet that I accepted another position because anything can happen. I also don't want to burn any bridges. I am on vacation this week so I am typing from my cell so I apologize if my writing is incorrect. I obviously want the permanent position it is a big district with more opportunity. My mentor told me not to say anything until a contract is signed but it looks like te next board meeting is the 21st. Any insight on this process? I'm so anxious.
     
  2.  
  3. czacza

    czacza Multitudinous

    Joined:
    Sep 30, 2001
    Messages:
    24,958
    Likes Received:
    2,112

    Aug 7, 2013

    Do you feel comfortable calling the P who is getting the paperwork together to tell him you have another offer but that your first choice would be his district? He may be able to reassure you....it's scary not knowing and hanging on until a contract is signed...perhaps the P can help set some of these worries torest for you. Good luck!:love:
     
  4. Barbd

    Barbd Rookie

    Joined:
    Jul 19, 2010
    Messages:
    76
    Likes Received:
    0

    Aug 7, 2013

    Did you get a deadline on the temp position?

    If not, hold them off as long as you can.

    Most times board meetings are just a finalization process. I would also contact the P and let them know. They may give you something in writing, poss. Even a contract that stipulates "upon board approval" or something.

    Congrats and good luck.
     
  5. Rbart

    Rbart Companion

    Joined:
    Jul 29, 2012
    Messages:
    126
    Likes Received:
    0

    Aug 7, 2013

    I don't feel that comfortable doing that but I'm considering it if I dont
    hear anything by Friday.
     
  6. Rbart

    Rbart Companion

    Joined:
    Jul 29, 2012
    Messages:
    126
    Likes Received:
    0

    Aug 7, 2013

    Well I had really given up on the lts. The email only said he is submitting my name and hr will contact me. He didn't really offer it or anything just a matter of fact email. So I'm holding off just for a day or so. But I don't want to be stuck without anything.
     
  7. Rbart

    Rbart Companion

    Joined:
    Jul 29, 2012
    Messages:
    126
    Likes Received:
    0

    Aug 11, 2013

    I still have not heard anything from my verbal offer which was made by phone the 2nd! He did say he would fill out the paper work on Wednesday and I haven't heard anything. I don't want to keep the LTS position hanging I want to give them enough time to hire. I feel paralyzed.
     
  8. fratbrats

    fratbrats Comrade

    Joined:
    Jun 2, 2007
    Messages:
    463
    Likes Received:
    0

    Aug 11, 2013

    I completely agree! Maybe the P will get "hot" on the paperwork! :) Good luck!
     
  9. smalltowngal

    smalltowngal Multitudinous

    Joined:
    Jan 2, 2007
    Messages:
    17,362
    Likes Received:
    46

    Aug 12, 2013

    Definitely call the P for a followup!
     
  10. geoteacher

    geoteacher Devotee

    Joined:
    Jan 3, 2011
    Messages:
    1,026
    Likes Received:
    237

    Aug 12, 2013

    Definitely time to pick up the phone!
     
  11. Rbart

    Rbart Companion

    Joined:
    Jul 29, 2012
    Messages:
    126
    Likes Received:
    0

    Aug 12, 2013

    Yes I followed up with an email but haven't heard back. I guess I will have to call. I don't know why I'm scared.
     
  12. leighbball

    leighbball Virtuoso

    Joined:
    Jul 6, 2005
    Messages:
    7,507
    Likes Received:
    3

    Aug 12, 2013

    Did you call yet?
     
  13. Rbart

    Rbart Companion

    Joined:
    Jul 29, 2012
    Messages:
    126
    Likes Received:
    0

    Aug 12, 2013

    Yes I did but it was late in the day no one answered. Tomorrow is a new day!
     
  14. Caesar753

    Caesar753 Multitudinous

    Joined:
    Jun 10, 2007
    Messages:
    14,606
    Likes Received:
    2,712

    Aug 12, 2013

    You need to stop stalling. Call first thing in the morning, 8 AM.
     
  15. leighbball

    leighbball Virtuoso

    Joined:
    Jul 6, 2005
    Messages:
    7,507
    Likes Received:
    3

    Aug 12, 2013

    This. Otherwise you could lose out on both jobs!
     
  16. Rbart

    Rbart Companion

    Joined:
    Jul 29, 2012
    Messages:
    126
    Likes Received:
    0

    Aug 13, 2013

    Ok! I called this morning and was told that I was on the list for board approval next wednesday. I did tell the supervisor about the LTS. I emailed and called the school for the LTS and let them know. I feel bad but I had to do it as orientation was to start on Monday! I hope I didn't burn a bridge with them. Now I am keeping my fingers crossed it goes through!!! So stressful but a good stressful I guess.
     

Share This Page

Members Online Now

  1. agdamity
Total: 310 (members: 2, guests: 284, robots: 24)
test