Help with Valentine ideas for mom and mother-in-law

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by zoey'smom, Feb 10, 2011.

1. zoey'smom

zoey'smom Cohort

Feb 10, 2011

As you may know from my other posts we have lost my dad and father in law, about 16 days apart. In fact my Father in laws funeral will be tomorrow. My husband suggested we do something for our moms for Valentine's Day. It is going to be rough for both of them. Flowers and plants are out, because they got so much from the funerals. Do any of you have suggestions on what we could do? Thanks

3. mrachelle87

mrachelle87 Fanatic

Feb 10, 2011

4. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Feb 10, 2011

Could you have your lil ones help? I mean a valentine made with hand or feet prints.

I know one thing we did was bought dinner & took it over to my mom's house (my step dad was gone), invited my gma (gpa has passed) & a friend & daughter that was going through a divorce!!! I don't know if they both get along or whatever, but it would be nice to be together as a family...

5. sweetlatina23

sweetlatina23 Cohort

Feb 10, 2011

I was going to say the same thing. One of the best ways to keeping those we have lost close to our hearts is through our memories. Taking time to write them down, and/or creating a collage of photos. Maybe taking them out for dinner would be nice, but I suggest taking them to your house. Restaurants will be packed. My condolences, prayers, and thoughts are with your family.

6. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Feb 10, 2011

I know my MIL... doesn't like all the pix around...it actually made her more sad...

I always wanted to send one of those fruit bouquets... They are kinda pricey though... maybe if you had dinner at your house you could have one for all of you to share!!!

7. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Feb 10, 2011

For Xmas or something... my mom had one of those blankets made for my gparents for Xmas (she had it done at Walmart). They are really long & turned out so cool!!!! Actually when my gpa died they "wrapped" him in that so his family would be with him. I love that it "went" with him.

8. bondo

bondo Cohort

Feb 10, 2011

Edible arrangements are very nice. They look great and are delicious. I would make sure whatever you get to include some chocolate dipped fruit. It is a little pricey, but I think it/they are worth it.