Help with Thank You Letter

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by MassNerder, Mar 18, 2009.

1. MassNerder

MassNerder Rookie

Mar 18, 2009

I would appreciate anyone's feedback or opinions regarding this thank you letter. Thanks in advance!

Dear ____,

Thank you for affording me the opportunity to take a tour of the ____ on ____, ____. I appreciate your time and consideration in speaking with me in great detail about your school. Please also extend my gratitude to ____ and the teachers that allowed me into their classrooms.

I was enthused by the extensive curriculum and opportunities that are afforded to students at _____. I was particularly interested in how many areas of the curriculum related to the students’ immediate community of _____. Material that is related to the students’ community often has greater meaning. I observed this in ____’ first and second grade classroom, where a class-constructed poster presented information on the _____ serving as a habitat to snails.

While I was in _____ classroom, I also observed the use of math manipulatives to help students determine the sum of two numbers that equal one hundred. Manipulatives are essential educational materials in helping children understand math concepts. I also took note of another class-constructed poster presenting students’ different ways of discovering the sum of two numbers. For example, one student concluded the sum of two numbers by displaying a number line and how to find the sum using such measures. Another student found the sum was best determined by using base ten blocks and cubes. These posters represented the idea that there is more than one way to come to a solution to a problem, while demonstrating student knowledge of finding such solutions, and allowing greater autonomy in doing so. This kind of problem solving places the focus of the students’ attention on ideas and sense making.

During my tour of ____ the resources made readily available to teachers, such as the technology lab, excited me as well. Weekly staff development and curriculum planning would prove to be an important resource to me as a young educator.

I am very interested in becoming a part of your school and greatly look forward to hearing from you to discuss my qualifications further. Please feel free to contact me at anytime.

Thank you again for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,

____

3. MassNerder

MassNerder Rookie

Mar 18, 2009

Thanks for your help!

4. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Mar 18, 2009

Is this after an interview? I think its too long.

5. mego65

mego65 Comrade

Mar 18, 2009

I think it is too long. I just try for one thing I liked one thing I will help with, maybe one question. But, it is mainly to show that you are interested in the school/district not each class that you saw.

6. Kris8806

Kris8806 Companion

Mar 18, 2009

Was the principal or interviewer walking around with you to all these classrooms? If so, then I don't really think you have to summarize what you saw. Maybe just pick one or two things that you liked a lot such as the community or math manipulative and very briefly mention how you enjoyed seeing its prominence in the classroom.

I sent a thank you email for an interview this morning and all I put in it was a thanks for meeting with me and I also mentioned how welcoming the teachers and students were and that it seemed like a wonderful school to work for.

Good Luck!