Help with Naming Teaching Blog

Discussion in 'General Education' started by time out, Jul 4, 2012.

?

Which domain name do you like best?

1. www notanotherteachingblog com

6 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. www notanotherteacherblog com

6 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. www notanotherteachersblog com

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. time out

time out Comrade

Jul 4, 2012

Hey guys. I'm planning on purchasing a new domain for a teaching blog and would like your input on naming it. I wanted to do www timeout com but that's already taken. So, here's what I'm thinking:

www notanotherteachingblog com

www notanotherteacherblog com

www notanotherteachersblog com

Which do you like best? I know they're a bit lengthy but that's what favorites are for, right? :)

3. KinderCowgirl

KinderCowgirl Phenom

Jul 4, 2012

I like the first one. I think it's the catchiest.

4. applecore

applecore Devotee

Jul 4, 2012

I voted for the middle one...being a teacher is an amazing gift! =0)

5. time out

time out Comrade

Jul 5, 2012

I think I'm leaning towards the first one but would like to hear more feedback. I'm so indecisive =)

6. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Jul 5, 2012

They're all very similar...just choose the one you prefer...it's the content that will draw people in.

7. TamiJ

TamiJ Virtuoso

Jul 5, 2012

I like the first one.

8. CFClassroom

CFClassroom Connoisseur

Jul 5, 2012

Out of the 3, I like the 1st one.

But, my initial feeling was that all of them have a negative tone. What is your purpose for creating it? If it is for your own reflection, I say go for it, but if it is to build an audience or to blo for profit you may want to pick a name that will lure people in and make them want to click on a link to your blog if they see it. Blogging is great fun! Enjoy the process. :)

9. TamiJ

TamiJ Virtuoso

Jul 5, 2012

I agree that I felt the names were negative too with the "Notanother....blog". The name actually is going to help bring attention to your blog. I blog, and one of the things that will attract me primarily to a blog when I am blog stalking is the name (and the design of the blog).

10. melnm

melnm Companion

Jul 5, 2012

I agree with the others about the name. I read lots of blogs and have my own. Sometimes I will or won't go to a blog based just on the name.

11. time out

time out Comrade

Jul 5, 2012

Hmm, I wanted something catchy and thought the name was fun and a bit tongue-in-cheek.

This blog is mainly for my personal use but I thought it could also be a great place to share my resources with colleagues. I share a lot within my district and sometimes will get requests to resend things out.

Interestingly enough, I stumble upon a lot of blogs by accident. Usually, an entry will pop up on Google while I'm searching various topics.

12. TamiJ

TamiJ Virtuoso

Jul 5, 2012

Once you have your own blog, you will likely start following blogs, and most likely these will be blogs that others follow. I choose which blog to look at based on the name.

13. Aussiegirl

Aussiegirl Habitué

Jul 6, 2012

I like the middle one the best. Good luck!

14. time out

time out Comrade

Jul 10, 2012

Hey guys! So, I've been up since 3 am working on my new blog. I'm really glad I posted here first because it didn't occur to me that the names I came up with could imply a negative tone.

I ended up going with something completely different =) I'm kind of known as the techie at my school so I wanted to incorporate that into the name and came up with Lil' Teaching Bytes.

I'm so glad I added the Lil' because when I shared the name with my boyfriend this morning he noticed that it would have sounded like "Teaching Bites" if the Lil' wasn't there :eek:hmy: How am I not seeing these things? :haha:

Anyway, I thought the bytes added a cute touch and I hope that people will view the blog as a place to get bits and pieces of information about teaching.

I'd love it if you could take a moment to read my first two posts. I'm planning on uploading some powerpoints too over the next couple of days.

http://www.lilteachingbytes.com/

Thanks and I can't wait to hear what you think!