Help with my mistake

Discussion in 'Kindergarten' started by skerns, Aug 17, 2009.

1. skerns

skerns Companion

Aug 17, 2009

Ok, this year I had to make my name plates out of 12" sentence strips that I bought from the Dollar Tree. I picked the blue color and filled out all the names and did an amazing job :) Then when I sent them home to be laminated by the secretary (she does this for us) She brought one back that I had made a terrible error on. I have a child whose last name is Barnhouse and I wrote Barnyard. lol:lol: Well, the Dollar Tree does not have anymore of these sentence strips. I have no more blue ones. I only need one to make the correction :( My options are to redo everyone's in a different color (I still have red ones) or to somehow white out my mistake and redo it. I am not sure if this will look bad and if it will drive my OCD nuts. :eek: But the secretary has already laminated the others. What a waste.

What should I do??:confused: or does anyone out these have any of these blue strips they could mail me.

3. sjnrae

sjnrae Rookie

Aug 17, 2009

Were they plain, light blue sentence strips, or the ones that had stars at the top and bottom or something else? I have a couple of kinds from the dollar tree and I don't think I've used the blue ones out of mine.

4. starbucks

starbucks Comrade

Aug 17, 2009

Why don't you just redo half the class in red. Make all the girls one color and all the boys one color. That way you are not wasting all the ones that are laminated. Keep checking back at the dollar tree. Things often show up after you think they are all gone.

5. TeacherC

TeacherC Connoisseur

Aug 17, 2009

LOL...barnyard. Are you going to get any new students? If so, you could do the mistake and one or two others in red, then add any new students in red too...just so the one kid isn't a color by him/herself!

6. Lynnnn725

Lynnnn725 Connoisseur

Aug 17, 2009

Cut off the last name? But I guess you'd like them to learn the last name. I like the idea of boys in one color, girls in another.

7. WindyCityGal606

WindyCityGal606 Enthusiast

Aug 17, 2009

Just tell him that it's his new school nickname and to deal with it!!! LOL

Barnyard! He'll be hearing that soon enough unfortunately. Best to get used to it in Pre-K so his skin can get tough! LOL
    Ok..I'm having too much fun with this thread!
    Seriously, if I had one, I would mail it. I'm so sorry.

8. skerns

skerns Companion

Aug 17, 2009

They are a sea blue color, not the light or dark blue. Medium maybe. No starts or other decoration.

9. skerns

skerns Companion

Aug 17, 2009

Oh my,:lol: I just remember this little boy is colored blind. :lol: He wouldn't even know!!! But I would. I guess the best idea would be to change half. The blue just matched my camping theme so well. Makes me sad to mix them up. This is what I get for doing these while at my son's football practice in 98 degree weather, got to my brain, I guess. :D

10. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Aug 17, 2009

Why not just whiteout the yard part? I've done that before. I had wasting things, so I would whiteout the name and just rewrite it. It looked fine! :)

11. Lynnnn725

Lynnnn725 Connoisseur

Aug 17, 2009

Yeah- white it out. Teachers make mistakes, too! Probably won't even be able to tell once you write 'house' over it.

12. scmom

scmom Enthusiast

Aug 17, 2009

I am sorry this happened. I have done the same thing on more than one occasion which is why I now always buy twice as many as I think I will need - plus that way you have them for the kids who come in mid-year. Can you cut out the middle of a different sentence strip and glue it on? Since it will be laminated it wouldn't show as badly.

13. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Aug 17, 2009

Either do half the class over in another color (Including the misspelled kid!) or re-do all of them. You can't whiteout on laminated name tags- that would look really horrible. The tags were from the DOLLAR store, so you're only out a buck...and truthfully the secretary will probably laugh when you 'fess up and ask her to laminate the new name tags!! (See the misspelled name thread- most of us have gotten class lists once or twice with misspelled student names only to have that pointed out by a parent!! At least you caught your error!! This isn't reallly a biggie.):whistle:

14. Kindtchr

Kindtchr Comrade

Aug 17, 2009

I know how you feel- we've all made these kinds of errors!:eek:

I have some Dollar Tree name cards- I bought extras because I usually get new students and/or make mistakes. What colors were in the package with them? I have a few left from last year that might match if this year's cards don't. I have some all blue and some that are white in the center with blue on the top & bottom.

I can mail some to you if you want- just PM me with your mailing address.

Good luck!:thumb:

15. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Aug 17, 2009

She said that this one wasn't laminated. I agree, that you shouldn't white out over lamination, but since it wasn't laminated yet, I don't see the problem. I've whited these sort of things out before. If you are careful, then no one will notice.

16. MsTeckel

MsTeckel Comrade

Aug 18, 2009

I have some sentence strips from dollar tree, but I have different blue colored. Is there a way to take a picture of the other blue ones and post that? I want to make sure I have the right ones. Or I could send you one of each of my blues and hope for the best.

Is this the color you need?

[​IMG]

I dont check this often, so PM me if it is

Last edited: Aug 18, 2009
  17. skerns

skerns Companion

Aug 18, 2009

Blue sentence strip

Here is the blue sentence strip, I tried whiting it out. It doesn't look so good. If I can't find more, then I will have to make half red. If this matches anyones, please message me. Thanks

http://www.flickr.com/photos/39534883@N08/3834172320/]

How do you put a picture directly on here? I used to know and now I can't figure it out.

18. mom2ohc

mom2ohc Habitué

Aug 18, 2009

I think it is fine!

half way through the year, you will make more new ones anyhow.

I understand though, it is not the dollar that you are out, it is the time to do it!

19. LvToyFoxTerrier

LvToyFoxTerrier Rookie

Aug 18, 2009

How about just flipping it over and rewrite it on the other side?

20. skerns

skerns Companion

Aug 18, 2009

Thanks

I think I am going to cut out the white strip from a red one and glue to the back of the mistake one. After it is laminated, I don't think anyone will be able to tell. This is my plan unless more turn up. Thanks for all the advice. This is one of the few things I can work on since my classroom still is not painted, carpeted, ceiling ed, or started in any way. I can't do a thing until one day before school starts on the 31st. :eek: I am stressed and scared.

21. teacherSMK

teacherSMK Habitué

Aug 18, 2009

The other day I was writing out my students names on pencil labels to put on their school boxes. I had my class list on the the table by the couch and I said: "dh, could you tell me what Rocky's (one of my students) last name is?" dh didn't know I was speaking of my student, and he said "Balboa." I wrote on the pencil tag: Rocky Balboa:eek:....I didn't even catch it! Today at school, my P saw it and said that she believed I had my Rocky's crossed! I looked at his label and DIED laughing. :whistle: We all make mistakes, it is part of the job. :0)

22. TeacherC

TeacherC Connoisseur

Aug 19, 2009

:lol: That is a classic!

23. moonbeamsinajar

moonbeamsinajar Habitué

Aug 19, 2009

I bought alot of things at Dollar Tree this summer, but they are all at school. I will look through my sentence strips and see if I have any blue. I am stopping there tomorrow, so I will check then. I know I did some names on red and navy sentence strips like that-not sure if I have that shade or not. If I have any, I will mail them.

24. moonbeamsinajar

moonbeamsinajar Habitué

Aug 21, 2009

I checked my sentence strips. Sorry, I only have navy blue, red, yellow, and green. Hope you figured something out.