help with letter flash cards

Discussion in 'Preschool' started by goldenhugs73, Dec 12, 2006.

1. goldenhugs73

goldenhugs73 New Member

Dec 12, 2006

I am a mom of a kindergarten child,,, I've seen the teacher using letter flash cards. he seems to be doing well with them, but he needs help at home,,,, i cannot seem to find flash cards that have the same letter/word combination,, does anyone have them that i can get a copy of?? thanks

3. grade1teacher

grade1teacher Companion

Dec 12, 2006

I'm sure that many teachers use different keywords to help srudents remember the sounds of the letter. (Is that what you were referring to when you said "letter/word combination"?)
    I think that your best bet is to ask the teacher where you can get the flashcards, or perhaps a list of the keywords that she uses so that you can make your own... good luck!

4. goldenhugs73

goldenhugs73 New Member

Dec 12, 2006

they're different ones,, i've never seen them before.. and my son insists that these are the only ones to use(since this is what he is learnign on in school.. ie: Aa apple ;bb bat;Cc cat;Dd dog;Ee ED(weird one);Ff fun( we use to use "fish";Gg game(use to use goose)Ii itch(shows a monkey itching arm pit);Mm man(rather than Mouse)Nn nut(use to use nest)Uu UP (shows arrow pointing up) rather than umbrella or something,, I just cannot find these anywhere ??
    i was told that it was part of the wilson fundations program, the black and white ABC letter version?? does this ring a bell to you??
    thanks in advance

5. grade1teacher

grade1teacher Companion

Dec 12, 2006

Yes it does ring a bell! As you started listing the key words are thought that it sounded like Wilson.
    I know that they use funny words. Wilson is heavy on the phonics, (I believe) and I think they use words that are easiest to spelll, at least in the beginning until the sound/letter assossiations are mastered. I'm not sure if thats why, but I think so.
    Anyway, Wilson is not available in stores, as far as I know. Thats probably why its been so hard to find them around. you might want to try this link - it says individual items could be sold separately.
    Good luck! www.fundations.com

6. goldenhugs73

goldenhugs73 New Member

Dec 12, 2006

thank you so much for your help,, i really do appreciate it,, he's a sp/ed child that has passed the testing to go into reg ed kindergarten, and he is having a bit of a time, so i want to do whatever i can to help him at home,,, ( he is still getting an IEP) but he is just lacking something that he needs, , he doesn't retain the info learned even over a period of time, so i want to help him out. by working with him at home as well, what ever will help him,.i'll do

7. grade1teacher

grade1teacher Companion

Dec 12, 2006

happy to help! I think that you'll find this forum to be a great network of teachers and parents who are devoted as you sound.
    Good luck!