Help with centers!

Discussion in 'Preschool' started by Shiloh17, Aug 28, 2013.

1. Shiloh17

Shiloh17 Companion

Aug 28, 2013

I am setting up my room. So far I have my math/science center, art center, building center, drama center, home living center, puppet center, writing center etc. I am left with a shelf that has all toys...cars, people, a small play house, car ramp, animals and I have no idea what to label this center! Any ideas?

3. CreativeTeachR

CreativeTeachR Companion

Aug 28, 2013

I would suggest putting it in block center!

4. msaly

msaly Comrade

Aug 28, 2013

The play house I would put in dramatic play and the rest should go in blocks

5. WaProvider

WaProvider Fanatic

Aug 29, 2013

Yes, some folks have sort of a "small drama" area. Even the house would end up in blocks here as the group I have had would have created roads and stores and playgrounds for the people. The trouble is that the house can't really be played with on the ground. It makes the kids lay on their tummies...and then they kick block structures over. Perhaps, take some of the people over to blocks...encouraging back and forth usage and have a small drama area somewhere else.

6. Shiloh17

Shiloh17 Companion

Aug 30, 2013

Thanks everyone for the input :) I have moved the cars over to the block center. The rest will remain a part of dramatic play :cool:

7. wyvern

wyvern Companion

Aug 30, 2013

One other thought. It seems like a lot of stuff. I don't know how many children are in your class. But for me, I know it's a long year and kids can get bored. I like to rotate materials and introduce new things bit by bit so that things stay fresh. I'm sure you know your stuff and what your kids can handle. I know mine wouldn't be able to handle that much to begin with.