Help with a class project

Discussion in 'Elementary Education Archives' started by kandb435, Nov 22, 2005.

1. kandb435

kandb435 Rookie

Nov 22, 2005

In two weeks I am beginning a project with my students on the 50 states as well as a unit on letter writing. I was wondering if some of you would help out by mailing letters to my school, telling us a little about your state. I am going to put the letters on a bulletin board along with a U.S. map, connecting the letters to their state with string and pins. It might be hard to visualize, but I'll try to post a picture from a couple of years ago when I did the same unit. Anyway, the students will then color that specific state on the map and we'll do a mini-lesson with it. If anyone is willing to help out, please post and I will e-mail you our school address. Thanks so much in advance!

Krista
    4th Grade teacher
    West Virginia

PS I will be willing to do the same for anyone who is interested!

3. Ali

Ali Companion

Nov 22, 2005

Krista-I'd be happy to. Do you want a letter from me or my kiddos? PM me with the details!
    Ali
    Oh, and I'm in PA!

4. wannabeteach

wannabeteach Rookie

Nov 22, 2005

PM me with details too (representing Indiana!)!

5. Cateacher2b

Cateacher2b Companion

Nov 22, 2005

Me too!

I will have my 5th grade son write a letter about the Golden State of California!

6. aethurn

aethurn Rookie

Nov 22, 2005

I could do Iowa if you'd like...give us the details!
    Thanks

7. emurphyjr

emurphyjr New Member

Nov 22, 2005

South Carolina help

Would be glad to help with South Carolina infomation. My daughter is in her last year, will do practice teaching next semester. I was searching fire prevention for kids when I saw your need,
    Eddie

8. MxLaur

MxLaur New Member

Nov 23, 2005

I could have one of my students write a letter on Washington State. PM me with the details.

9. kandb435

kandb435 Rookie

Dec 6, 2005

I have actually decided to postpone the project until after Christmas break. Things have been a little crazy around here with IEP and SAT meetings and the like, so I haven't gotten my parent letter sent home yet. I would be glad to give anyone a copy of it if you'd like. I can post it or PM it to you...let me know! If you've already sent a letter...THANKS! I'll save it for the second week we come back. If not and you want to get it over with, that would be great too! Thanks for your help, in advance!

Krista