help with a class (i'm the student)

Discussion in 'Secondary Education' started by agirlscamaro, Mar 1, 2008.

1. agirlscamaro

agirlscamaro New Member

Mar 1, 2008

I have to have 5 hours observation in a gifted setting or conduct an interview. I had planned to do the observation but my father had to be put in the hospital friday, a week ago and the last week has been one endless stay at the hospital. Needless to say I am going to do an interview instead due to time constraints. My full time job will not let me take anymore time off. I'm banking remaining days for student teaching.

My question is would one of you be willing to do an interview for me? I could e-mail you a list of questions, say around 10. I need someone who would work with gifted students either primarily or as a part of their regular classroom.

I know i don't post here much but i'm a floater right now just getting ideas from you guys for future use.

Thanks in advance for any response.:)
    Jennifer

my AOL name is Agirlscamaro
    my e-mail is fbodygirl at embarqmail dot com. (you know what to do with this)

3. JaimeMarie

JaimeMarie Moderator

Mar 1, 2008

Sorry to hear about your father. I haven't worked with gifted students, so I wouldn't be of any help. Good luck.

4. Amers

Amers Cohort

Mar 1, 2008

I wish I could help, but I don't work with gifted/talented classes either.

5. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

Mar 1, 2008

I teach an honors class, but we don't label the kids as gifted. We actually let them decide if they want to take the class or not, regardless of their previous grades. If this still works, PM me and I will help you.

6. RainStorm

RainStorm Phenom

Mar 1, 2008

I am a regular ed teacher who works with gifted students in elementary school. I've been doing this for a few years. If you want to pm me, I'll be glad to do your interview.

7. Mrs. R.

Mrs. R. Connoisseur

Mar 1, 2008

I teach the seventh grade G/AT Language Arts class in our school. If you pm me, I'd be happy to answer your questions.

8. mmswm

mmswm Moderator

Mar 1, 2008

I'm the same as silverspoons. I teach two honors classes, which involve a gifted component, some kids more than others. I'd be happy to help if you want to PM me.