Help with 10 year wedding anniversary!

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by dbelmo, Jul 11, 2008.

1. dbelmo

dbelmo Rookie

Jul 11, 2008

Next week my husband and I will be going away for 2 nights to celebrate our 10 year anniversary. We are going to the Poconos in PA. Anyway I want to give him a gift but I am clueless to what to give.
    Any ideas suggestions send them my way..

dbelmo

3. Mrs. K.

Mrs. K. Enthusiast

Jul 11, 2008

For our tenth anniversary (23 years ago!) I gathered all of my and my husband's childhood school pictures and had them framed surrounding our wedding picture. It was expensive, but these days you can make great copies of pictures and not have the ruin the originals, so you could do a great collage on a piece of mat board and put it in a poster frame. Ours hung in our bedroom for years until some of the pictures started to fade, and now it lives in our closet! :)

4. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Jul 11, 2008

I wrote hubby a poem (which he asked if I got off the internet) & I got him a pair of cufflinks & a tie bar. I know not exciting, but we usually get stuff we need as we want it, so we don't do too much for the anniversary!!!

The poconos is fun!!! We went quite a few years back. Are you staying in one of the "romantic" resorts?!?

5. Chef Dave

Chef Dave Companion

Jul 11, 2008

Here's a link to an article, "10th Wedding Anniversary," by Sheri & Bob Stritof. It's full of all sorts of ideas and also discusses the traditional symbolism of certain gifts such as those made out of tin or aluminum. If your husband is anything like me, the symbolism will probably go over his head, so you'll probably have to explain it ...

http://marriage.about.com/od/10thweddinganniversary/p/10anniv.htm

Congratulations on your pending anniversary!

The tenth year is an important benchmark and I hope the two of you have many more decades together. :)

6. TeacherSandra

TeacherSandra Enthusiast

Jul 11, 2008

Let us know what you decide! And Happy Anniversary!
    You & Hubby ->:hugs: