Help Texas History!

Discussion in 'Middle School / Junior High' started by Lakenjade, Sep 28, 2008.

1. Lakenjade

Lakenjade Rookie

Sep 28, 2008

As many of you know, I am attending alternative certification training to become a 4-8 Generalist in Texas.

I have been asking my kids alot of questions about school lately because I want to know what their teachers are doing in each one of their classes. (Mainly to steal ideas!):eek:

My daughter told me that Texas History was "boring" and she hates that class. She says it is hard because we moved here two years ago and all the other kids know alot about Texas. She says she knows more about Japan because that is where we moved from.

Is there any way I can find out what she is required to know? I already emailed the teacher but haven't heard back from her as of yet. I want to help her at home. She isn't failing the class, I just want to make it a little more interesting for her!

Thank you for all of your help!:confused:

3. SoReady2Teach

SoReady2Teach Comrade

Sep 28, 2008

4. ValinFW

ValinFW Comrade

Sep 29, 2008

Also, see if your school district posts the curriculum guides on their website. Ours posts them by subject and grade for each six weeks. I can PM you a link if you'd like.

5. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Sep 29, 2008

If there isn't a state association of teachers of social science (or history, or whatever), it would be surprising... and chances are pretty good that there will be curricula and even lesson plans on the site.

6. bandnerdtx

bandnerdtx Aficionado

Sep 29, 2008

Of course there is! Texas Council for Social Studies