help - present idea!

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by LMath85, Aug 9, 2008.

1. LMath85

LMath85 Companion

Aug 9, 2008

One of my closest friends is leaving for Med school next week and her family is throwing her a surprise going away party. No gift is required but I wanted to get her something special. Any ideas? I'm no good at being creative and I'm sure someone in her family has already bought her a stethoscope.

3. Mrs. K.

Mrs. K. Enthusiast

Aug 9, 2008

I'm going to a med school sendoff tomorrow for the daughter of a friend. Same situation. The only thing I could think of was a Starbucks card, because I know med students need caffeine!

4. Proud2BATeacher

Proud2BATeacher Phenom

Aug 9, 2008

What about something to pamper herself with? Or little travel size items (lotion, body wipes, toothpaste, toothbrush...) that she could keep in her locker at the hospital.

5. ku_alum

ku_alum Aficionado

Aug 9, 2008

I dated a guy for years and our relationship continued into his first year of med school ... it is a very stressful time with lots of questioning of abilities ... so, anything to help one unwind, or anything to inspire would be greatly appreciated. Maybe a spa treatment? Or those books that don't require a lot of brain power but leave you feeling uplifted (Hallmark sells them).

6. LMath85

LMath85 Companion

Aug 10, 2008

thanks for the ideas. you know i didn't even think of starbucks...she would like that.

KU - funny she will probably need a light read book whenever i tell her what i'm reading she goes "well i just picked up another book about physics..." lol