Help - Position of Added Responsibility

Discussion in 'General Education' started by letsteach, Aug 22, 2011.

1. letsteach

letsteach Comrade

Aug 22, 2011

I want to apply for a PAR that is opening at my school. I have to submit a paper under 3 headings. I have lots of ideas but I need to sit and think logically about them. In the meantime, if you could help and add any extras to get me an AAA+ and the position I'd really appreciate it.

The 3 headings I have to address are:

Co-ordination
    Curriculum
    Conduct

Thanks for your help.

3. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Aug 22, 2011

Can you tell us a bit more about your background? Maybe give a concrete example from your experience that illustrates your ability to handle each area?

4. letsteach

letsteach Comrade

Aug 23, 2011

Thanks for replying so promptly Aliceacc.

I am early childhood qualified and have been teaching 7 years (Preparatory which is 5 year olds and Grade 1).
    The PAR is for Prep to Year 3. In my short teaching career, I have now taught to 4 curriculum (the state just cannot make up their mind as to what to do!). I started with the Pre-school Curriculum Guidelines, then it was the Early Years Curriculum Guidelines, Essential Learnings were introduced (State Education Govt) and now we have to teach to the National Curriculum (Federal Education Govt). The program that I have put in place in Prep is wholly what I myself have developed (there is no stated curriculum, it is just guidelines). I have attended Network Meetings at every opportunity, participated in PDs and have had very positive feedback from parents and colleagues. In Year 3 there is national testing on which the school places a huge amount of emphasis. I see my strengths in literacy and maths but I am also well organised and as I tell my students, everything I do, there is a reason behind it.

I believe the school needs scope and sequence in all areas, and this needs to be fully reviewed and documented. (There is only a brief scope and sequence for maths and English).

With the advent of implementing the national curriculum (it is being phased in over a number of years), it is necessary to ensure that all content requirements are met - hence the PAR.

I am very professional in my job and believe teachers are role models who are always being watched and sometimes scrutinised.