Help! Please!

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by chebrutta, Jul 24, 2009.

1. chebrutta

chebrutta Enthusiast

Jul 24, 2009

I am brain dead from this application. I can't move on to the next step until I've completed the previous one. It's taken me three days to get everything filled in, uploaded, chased people down, bribed them to do references RIGHT NOW, etc. I just finished step 8 of 9...

Step 9 says "Comments to include with your resume submission"

SIGH. Is this a cover letter (there was no where to upload one earlier)? Personal statement? Once it's submitted, I can't go back and alter it. What the heck do I put in this section???

3. SCTeachInTX

SCTeachInTX Fanatic

Jul 24, 2009

I would basically say what your cover letter says. I think you were right in making that assumption. Your cover letter should sum up why you want to teach in that district and should let them know your areas of expertise. So, I would say, yes... cover letter.

4. rachaelski

rachaelski Habitué

Jul 24, 2009

Hmmmm, that's weird wording. I suppose it wouldn't hurt to attach you CL. It may be a place to explain gaps in employment or why it took 10 years to get your college degree...or other things people feel they need to explain. For example, I received two masters degrees in 2008, because I did not finish my revisions for my thesis for the first degree until after I finished my first two years of teaching.

5. chebrutta

chebrutta Enthusiast

Jul 24, 2009

It is weird - and there's no place to upload, just a box to type in. My cover letter is a Jim Sweeney, and the formatting would probably get all messed up.

Sigh. I think I'll make a personal statement, then drop off my cover letter & resume in person.

6. Simba

Simba Comrade

Jul 24, 2009

I agree with you Chebrutta. Unfortunately, many districts are expecting SO MUCH from their applications. I think you're right. They want a personal statement.

I hate writing those. I know you're tired...just get it done and go from there!! You can do it!! Last part!!

Good Luck!!

7. mom2alex

mom2alex Companion

Jul 24, 2009

I agree that you should write a personal statement similar to your cover letter. Go, go, go...you're almost there!!

8. chebrutta

chebrutta Enthusiast

Jul 24, 2009

LOL - I decided to make a statement, all right :whistle:

I copy and pasted from the intro on my online portfolio (which everyone seems to like). If that doesn't get them interested, NOTHING will!!!!

Simba - I finished it! But the bad news... I have to REDO the application for EVERY job in the district I want to apply to. Good thing I saved all of my answers in Word... copy & paste, upload, send.

9. tarkle21

tarkle21 Rookie

Jul 24, 2009

Good grief! Sounds a little overkill to me. Thank God for c/p. @o@

10. Simba

Simba Comrade

Jul 24, 2009

I'm sorry, but what district in Florida is it? Seriously? I can't believe that.

Cut and paste...Just cut and paste!!!!!

I'm telling you, someone else mentioned the "Application Consultant" job...I should consider THAT as a job!!!!!

Great job and CALL THAT SCHOOL!!!!

Good Luck!!!!