Help please!

Discussion in 'Job Hunting & Interviews' started by Monica32, Aug 6, 2006.

1. Monica32

Monica32 Rookie

Aug 6, 2006

I have my second teacher interview tomorrow only this time it is with the superintendant. What should I expect? Types of questions? What should I ask? We just moved to the area last October and my kids are starting at the same school that I am interviewing at in September. I need some advice, if any of you could help that would be great! I am getting nervous now!

Monica

3. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Aug 6, 2006

A second interview is good news! Be yourself - they already like you. Have you taught or subbed in the area since moving there?

4. JustWondering

JustWondering Companion

Aug 6, 2006

Questions that I asked during my second interview included:

What are your expectations of a teacher in your school and how do you assess your teachers to make sure that they are working in that direction?

What is the percentage of graduates from this school that continue on to college?

What do you like best about working for "name of district"?

What is the greatest challenge in "name of district" and how are you trying to fix that problem?

5. Monica32

Monica32 Rookie

Aug 6, 2006

No, I have been a Teacher Assistant for the last four years while working on my Bachelor's degree and becoming certified. I worked in a different district all to-gether. They talked to the Director of Special Education at the school that I am at and she was not on my reference list..She gave me a great recommendation though according to the director of spec ed at the school I am interviewing at..