HELP please! FTCE Elementary K-6: Language Arts

Discussion in 'Multiple Subject Tests' started by TeachSur, Mar 30, 2015.

1. TeachSur

TeachSur New Member

Mar 30, 2015

Hi!
    I'm currently signed up to take the language arts section of the FTCE Elementary exam for the forth time. I passed the other sections with no problem but I am seriously struggling with the LA section. There are a lot of situational questions and since I'm not actually teaching yet I am really struggling with these type of questions.

I have used all types of studying aids such as the Cliff Notes book, XAM study book, the FTCE guide on the FLDOE website and the online content review module and they have all helped with learning the material but I need to do more practice problems.

Does anyone have any recommendations for extra test practice problems or any other resources that might help me? I'm feeling really helpless and starting to doubt myself in the teacher department and would greatly appreciate the help!

3. teach4USA

teach4USA Rookie

Apr 6, 2015

Just reading your post today. Did you come up with a successful strategy for passing LA? I wish the best for you. Are you choosing: what is in the best interest of the child, manipulatives, hands on, and active engagement. Don't give up. I thought the CliffNotes book was spot on. The exam has no trickery IMO, just hang in there.

4. luckyme

luckyme New Member

Apr 12, 2015

readingrockets is a great site that will help you.