HELP Phone intereview next week

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by kathy2215, Apr 9, 2008.

1. kathy2215

kathy2215 Companion

Apr 9, 2008

I have my first phone interview next week and I am not sure what to expect any ideas?

3. cMcD

cMcD Groupie

Apr 9, 2008

I had a phone interview yesterday.
    There are some words of advice on the thread I made about it. See "Interview Tomorrow!" in Jobseekers.

Since they can't see your facial expressions be sure to be expressive with your voice.

4. BioAngel

BioAngel Science Teacher - Grades 3-6

Apr 9, 2008

YES YES YES--- express your joy and love of teaching through your voice. I had a phone interview for the job I now had and I still made sure I had facial expressions because of how it effects my voice. It's the same way you can tell somebody is smiling just by the sound of their voice. If you sound passionate about teaching, that'll be a huge bonus.

You can looking online for possible teacher question lists--- I know we also have threads in this forum which talks about what a person was asked. For mine, I was asked what's special about me that they wouldn't see from an application. Then we talked about my teaching philosophy (which is very standard) and how I would handle certain classroom situations. Finally, she asked me what I was looking for in a school community (hint: read up on their web-site any information you can find--- philosophy, school history, motto, etc and use it while chatting with the person. If your views are in line with their views, that'll really help you out)

So really, just chat with them--- don't be nervous, sound happy, keep smiling, and even if you pause for a few seconds to think about the question, do not worry about it. Don't try to cram too much in a short time and just enjoy talking about the education field in general.