Help Needed - Eye-catching title for science word wall

Discussion in 'General Education' started by DallasTeacher, Nov 11, 2009.

1. DallasTeacher

DallasTeacher Companion

Nov 11, 2009

Hi guys! I've been asked to create a science word wall in the hallway for all to see. I'm in need of a title that will catch the attention of middle school students. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated! Yesterday was my first day back after being gone for almost a month and I should have known I was in trouble when the principal came and found me. Volunteering is so much fun!

3. Hoot Owl

Hoot Owl Aficionado

Nov 11, 2009

DallasTeacher, are you not teaching this year?

Anyhow, a title for a science word wall???

How about?

I'm drawing a blank, but this post will bump you back up. Let me sleep on it over night.

4. scienceteach82

scienceteach82 Cohort

Nov 12, 2009

Be a Word-ologist

(got it from another site..wish I could take credit...lol)

5. DallasTeacher

DallasTeacher Companion

Nov 12, 2009

Hoot, I'm a volunteer and knew that I would be gone a lot this year so I've got a "substitute" volunteer. He's a retired juvenile judge and is a riot with the kids. :) My husband is working on a paper with a doc from Australia and believe me, when he's gone for a month, I'm going too! I was in town for a couple of weeks after Labor Day and then gone again.

Scienceteach, I love it! We're going to have lots of photos with the words so that will be very catchy. Thanks!

6. kalli007

kalli007 Companion

Nov 12, 2009

May not be what you are looking for but on my science word wall in my room I have a very bright, hot pink poster board with the words "Science is....." in black cut out letters - not in a straight line but kinda loopy and lopsided......then the kids write the words and define them on flourescent colored (hot pink, lime green, electric blue etc) strips and place them in all different direction on the wall.

7. wrice

wrice Habitué

Nov 14, 2009

I'd go buy some sheet insulating foam from Home Depot/Lowes and cut the letters out with an exacto knife. Covered with a good quality paint, they'll look very professional. In my class I was lucky enough to find a store that was going out of business and I bought their fluorescent sign letters, but that's probably asking too much!