help...need to add to an answer from interview

Discussion in 'New Teachers Archives' started by lcluigs03, Jul 12, 2005.

1. lcluigs03

lcluigs03 Cohort

Jul 12, 2005

ido you think that it's wise to call and say, "i thought about this question for a while and this is what i did..." or something like that? they are going to let me know tomorrow if i made it to the second round of interviews, so i need to call tonight! i did call the principal, but he was unavailable...i hope he calls back! if not, i'm going to call him and leave it on his machine...maybe.

any input would be great!
    LC

3. TeachGrd1

TeachGrd1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2005

In my opinion, I would not call and elaborate on an answer you made at an interview. You want them to leave the interviewing thinking you are confident, if you call them to give them more of an answer it is like second guessing yourself. I would definitely make sure your thank you is in their hands before they make their decision. Other than that I wouldn't make any extra contact regarding the interview. Chances are they are looking at the interview on a whole not just one particular question. It is natural to leave the interview and think of better ways to answer a question or more elaborate responses, but I wouldn't make an effort to point that out to the interviewer.

4. AMK

AMK Aficionado

Jul 12, 2005

I agree with the above post. Since you already called the principal and he is calling you back just tell him you wanted to say thank you for taking the time to interview you.
    Good luck

5. lcluigs03

lcluigs03 Cohort

Jul 12, 2005

well, i did talk to him about it and he told me he appreciated me calling. he wrote down what i told him. i don't think it was a negative thing at all. i think he realized how much i want the position and how much i am willing to learn about the district (even though i don't have the job).

but i guess we'll find out tomorrow when he makes his decision on who to pass on to the next round of interviews.

cross your fingers!

6. TXTeacher4

TXTeacher4 Companion

Jul 12, 2005

What was the question?

7. lcluigs03

lcluigs03 Cohort

Jul 12, 2005

he asked about a program that they use called "character education." i've never heard of it before, but he explained it during the interview and i answered the best i could. when i got home i got to thinking about it and did some research online. it is very similar to another program that i have actually used. so i wanted to share that with him. he seemed grateful. honestly. so i don't regret calling at all!!!

i'll know tomorrow in the afternoon if i get another interview!!! i'm so excited!

thanks for all the input!
    LC