Help me please....

Discussion in 'End of the Year Archives' started by Guest, Jun 2, 2002.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Jun 2, 2002

I'm a first year teacher of preschoolers. School is finish in 2 weeks. I was looking for suggestions on what to give to my 3 & 4 year olds as a memory of school year 2001-2002 . Last year, the former teacher took picture of each students and put the picture in the frame that she made. Can you please share me your all your ideas whether it's something I made myself or the children made it. Help me please. I would appreciate your help.

3. Shawnmarie

Shawnmarie Rookie

Jun 3, 2002

If you have a digital camera, you could take a class photo, make it fun and silly, maybe outside or something. Have the kids decorate frames, and before school ends, you can insert the photo in it.

In our room, we give the kids bottles of bubbles at the end of the year as they love them. We hang a tag on it thanking each child for a wonderful school year, and it's an inexpensive gift if funds are low. We also have made "school packs" for the 4's for kindergarten or young 5's class. It's a pencil pouch with a new pencil, little note pad and eraser in it. On the outside of the pouch we write a note to the child. Again, not too expensive, and something the children love as it makes them feel grown up.

4. charli

charli Guest

Jun 29, 2002

Something our kindergarten teachers do is to save a work piece from each child each month and then the teacher makes them in to books for the children to take home. Now, I know it is too late for this year, but its a thought for next time? I teach first grade and I take pictures throughout the year, which I put together in a scrapbook, make photocopies, and give those to the children at the end. One year a mother, who worked at a local business, made colored copies for them all!

5. allynn

allynn Guest

Jul 7, 2002

My daughters K-4 teacher did a book for each child to take home at the end of the school year. The students learned letters during the school year and focused on the letters of their name. She had students help her look at clip art pictures on the computer and find pictures of things that started with the letters of their name ex. if the child's name was "Anna", they would find pictures to go with each letter, then they pasted a large print letter and the corresponding pictures each on a separate page. The cover of the book was a picture of the child and the caption "Anna's ABC Book", then she could look through the book and see the letters of her name And realize that other words start with the same letter. My daughter loves hers and still enjoys reading through it. It has helped her discover words and now she is looking for words she knows in other books! I hope this makes sense! It's not a lot of work if you start early in the year!

6. mommaruthie

mommaruthie Aficionado

Jul 7, 2002

for next year

If you have your class draw themselves, at the beginning of the year. Then at the end of the year. During the months of the year you have them draw themselves playing their favorite sport/game. Another month you can have them draw a picture of their favorite foods/desserts. Another month you have them draw their family members and include pets. (you can have them draw their own room) At the end of the year you can bind the art you saved in a folder for each child. You can include pictures/photos you took thru out the year and also a poem or saying of what a wonderfully fun year you had and how much you enjoyed them and you will always remember: and state something you liked most about them.... For binding you can three hole punch and use 'chinese jacks' or key loops. Maybe you have acess to one of the spiral machines? good luck.