Help me please!!!!!!subject area k-6

Discussion in 'Multiple Subject Tests' started by callen6933, Jun 24, 2012.

1. callen6933

callen6933 Rookie

Jun 24, 2012

Please help I failed the subject area test the first time and I need and advice you can give or study guides. I have only two more times to take it before the deadline!!!!:confused:

3. AlwaysAttend

AlwaysAttend Fanatic

Jun 24, 2012

1st thing I would do would be to review previous posts about the test your curious about. This way you don't have to wait around for people to respond.

4. callen6933

callen6933 Rookie

Jun 24, 2012

I already did.

5. ready2teachintx

ready2teachintx Companion

Jun 24, 2012

Purchase the study guide at Amazon.com. Give yourself a few weeks to review the material good. Stay positive. you will pass the next time.

6. micgat0r

micgat0r Rookie

Jun 26, 2012

Here's what I STRONGLY suggest

I just took that test today, and passed with only studying for 2.5 days--which is crazy :eek: , I know, because it usually takes me a long time to learn and re-learn things.

I really suggest you use BrainPop videos and Study Jams videos to help you review the content for the math, science, art, music and social studies parts of test. Both sites really helped me. In addition I would check out a test prep book from your local library and try to fill in whatever areas BrainPop did not. BrainPop actually has a webinar on how to use their site to study to teacher certification exams. You can register for a trail version and try to watch as many videos as you can in that time period. Also, I suggest taking the quizzes that go with each video after you've watched them. As I was taking the test, I was so amazed at how much BrainPop covered EVERY question.
    -BrainPop also has a tool that you can use to see their videos according to state standards. This helps because you can juxtapose this with the competencies outlined in the free Test Preparation book that you download from the site where you registered for the test.

Study Jams is a great site because their math videos take you step-by-step, and they're really engaging. They're also great because their content is a little more advanced, and much more like what you'll see on the test. Most of all, Study Jams is a free site!

If there are specific math topics you don't understand, search YouTube. TONS of teachers post instructional videos on their.

For the reading and language arts portion, it's probably best if you check out or purchase a test prep book for the K-12 reading SAE. I took that exam a few months back, and many of the questions were recycled onto the K-6 SAE.

I hope this helps!

Last edited: Jun 26, 2012
  7. callen6933

callen6933 Rookie

Jul 25, 2012

I passed thanks ladies!!