HELP : Made it to second round and then Job was re-posted

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by eckern, Apr 24, 2015.

1. eckern

eckern New Member

Apr 24, 2015

I am ready to give up. I really wanted this job and I was so excited that I made it through the second round of interviews. I was just waiting to hear back from the school if I made it to the 3rd round. I sent a personal email thanking the principal and I sent a letter thanking the whole interview team. Well today I saw that the job was re-posted and I am super upset. What am I to do? Does this mean I did not get it? Because that's what it feels like. Should I reapply?

I truly thought that they like me. My second interview was 2 hours long. I had to even prepare and teacher a lesson plan to students I had never seen before. Over it went well.

Help I am driving my self insane. :(

3. kcjo13

kcjo13 Phenom

Apr 24, 2015

Is there any chance a second position opened up?

4. eckern

eckern New Member

Apr 24, 2015

I don't know. I cant find anything. I am just so in shock that I took all that time. I call yesterday and they said sorry we wont know till next week sometime and then today I see this.....

5. eckern

eckern New Member

Apr 24, 2015

I don't know. I cant find anything. I am just so in shock that I took all that time. I call yesterday and they said sorry we wont know till next week sometime and then today I see this...

6. Peregrin5

Peregrin5 Maven

Apr 24, 2015

It's possible that they're just keeping their options open and considering multiple candidates rather than putting all of their eggs into one basket.

It wouldn't be the first time a school had hired someone only for them to disappear right before they're about to start.

7. JJdog

JJdog Rookie

Apr 24, 2015

Whatever you do, don't reapply. :eek:

I would also keep looking. If this is meant to be you will hear back from them and the process will continue.

Focus on finding and applying to other opportunities.

8. eckern

eckern New Member

Apr 24, 2015

Why shouldn't i re apply?

9. JJdog

JJdog Rookie

Apr 24, 2015

Well, reapply if you must but I also think you need to focus on looking elsewhere as well.

My thinking was that if you were just there very recently on a 2 hour interview, they probably have an idea of what you are all about and whether or not they want to see more of you.

I didn't see the point in it. Just my opinion though. :)

10. Ms.Blank

Ms.Blank Companion

Apr 24, 2015

^ this. I think if you were to reapply for the same position during the same hiring period, it would come across as needy and pushy. If it was the same position but in a year, then that's a different story. But...within the same month? It's overkill. They had a first interview with you and then a two hour second interview...they know if they like you or not already.

As far as WHY it was posted again...who knows, it's anyone's guess. Sorry...

11. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Apr 24, 2015

They know who you are as a candidate.

Move on.